cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the Adapter Log Files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have an message that just isn't being loaded by the receiving business system and I'd like to examine the receivers log files for additional details to help me debug the problem. I don't know where to look yet. Perhaps the group can offer it's collective advice.

Here's the details of the problem I'm tackling.....

I have a 3rd party system that's trying to send a purchase requisition to an SAP Business System via XI. The message is received by XI correctly. XI correctly performs the transformation and identifies the message interface and selects correct receiver for the message. XI communicates with the receiving business system via the appropriate communication channel.

The message "fails" in the receiving system with the following error:

HTTP server code 500 reason Internal Server Exception explanation Error parsing of SOAP header.

That's not particularly enlighting? What exactly about the SOAP header didn't the receiving system like? Perhaps if I could examine a log file on the receiving system, I could figure out what was preventing the message from being loaded.

A review of TCode SM21 and ST22 on the receiving system - show no errors

The message is being sent to an HTTP receiver channel on an SAP Business System. The URL being posted to looks something like this: http://host:port/sap/xi/engine?type=receiver

That's the URL for the local integration engine's pipeline on the receiving SAP business system, right? SXMB_MONI on the receiving system doesn't show an errors because the SOAP header could not be interpreted. What other log files would I examine on the receiver system to see an error in message parsing?

Thanks for your help! Points will be gladly awarded

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you seen this blog:

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi

Hopefully that is of some help, it discusses the different error code numbers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip - I've looked up the two SAP notes referenced in the blog entry. Tech Note 804124 might prove to be useful. I'm going to check the cache as the note instructs me to.

Message DELIVERY isn't the problem - I'm trying to find out exactly why the receiver choked on the message. The original error message reported back to XI just isn't specific enought. I'm sure that there's more information available on the receiver system than was reported back to XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Riedel,

Have you seen this weblog where you can find the logs and trace:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/07/xi-why-dont-start-searching-for-all-errors-from-one-place

---Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can look into the Message Display Tool.

<b>http://server:javaport/MessagingSystem/monitor/montior.jsp</b>

This link will lead you to see the entire SOAP message that is actually sent out of XI and received by XI . You can also see the Adapter Log on this link.

Regards,

Bhavesh