cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Applicable Data -> Hide table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I execute a query and there is no result, the table shows "No Applicable Data". Now I want to hide this table. I tried several visibility conditions, but it didn't work. I thougt I could use something like BOOL(IF(@column1=='',false,true)) or maybe BOOL(IF(column1==null,false,true)), but it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

your formula must define on your table Visibility condition.

Visuibility condition control table display or not display.

hope help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's very simple, and "i do it all the time":

Let's say you have table with two rows - r1, r2.

You have to be sure that at least one of this rows is allways filled (it's good to rely on key fields).

Go to the "configure" panel, at it's upper part there are table's properties, and the lowest one is Visibility. Edit formula in this property(when to show the table): not isnull( @r1 ).

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can explain why what u did didnt work.

Reason:

Because @column1 value can be obtained only after some event Like 'select, submit, evt1 ...etc. if you want to put this formula in some guard condition of an event it will work.

But Since you want to use it before the table is displayed, when it is not there at all. Thats why it didnt work.

To solve this problem you might try storing a flag variable in data store, whose value is updated based on the result from web service. And you can use this flag to make your table visible or hidden. I think this should work.

Regards

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just phantasizing: what if you have a hidden table before your visible table. You test in the hidden table, and decide then to hide or display the second table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this didn't help. I think query exceptions are for something else and not practicable in this case.

Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never tried something before, but I think you can use the query exceptions.

Best Regards,

Marcel