cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM - Workflow - Can you approve MDM workflows from the portal ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created workflows in MDM and activated the Universal Worklist on the portal. The workflows show up, but we can mainly just launch or view them. Is there a way to approve them or does that ave to be done directly in MDM ? also is there a way to edit the data in MDM thru a workflow on the portal ? We wanted to set up a workflow so it goes to a user, they are able to click on the entry in the portal and thru an IVIEW or some process be able to edit the MDM data from the portal (all the data in the record from MDM - not just the entry in the workflow job). We can create separte IVIEWS that allow us to edit MDM data, but we want the workflow to control/direct the process and not make the user go to a different IVIEW outside the workflow to edit the data.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not 100% sure. But you can edit it as normal. But you have to open the Data Manager to confirm your work.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM SP05 has improvements in the UWL.

The monitored shipment of MDM SP05 is said to be available in March end.

As of now, you can add records into a workflow from UWL. You can launch the workflow.

We have to wait and see the improvements/new functionality in this area in SP05.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Generally, MDM Workflow is shown on the Portal through UWL, where in you do not have any built in facility to change the status of the same.

But, you can add one more action to the UWL and implement the logic of sending the workflow to next step through JAVA APIs.

Regards,

Mausam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is right. You can only approve Workflows directly in MDM.

And you can edit the data in MDM thru a workflow on the portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know how you can edit the data in a workflow thru the portal ? to clarify - we want to be able to edit all the data from the record in MDM not just what shows in the workflow record in the portal.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

As I know you cannot acces MDM operations directly from a Portal workflow, you need to implement it using MDM Java API, in the iView.

Regards,

Peter