cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I am new to ITS.

I need to modify a template at location Internet services => System => Theme DM => HTML Templates => GENERATOR

How do I modify this template, SE80?

Once modified, is the change active? Do I need to publish the changes?

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you SURE you want to modify that one? I ask because it is used all over most all of the ITS services.

(1) If you DO modify that one, you will do so in SE80 and then YES you will have to publish it out. (* that's a general rule in ITS development...publish = activate)

(2) As an alternative, you could override your function or whatever by making a local "Z" function to call. Then just replace the standard function calls with your custom one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher.

Yes, I am quite sure that I want to change that one. I appreciate you trying to save me from unintended impact, however. I definitely wish to impact all or most of the ITS services.

How do I find that component in SE80? What is it's name? I don't know how to retrieve it and place it in edit mode.

Thanks,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Success. I found the template. Now, however, whenever I indicate to display the code in change mode using SE80, the SAPGUI session closes abrouptly. It asks me if I want to make the modification in original or logon language, but immediately after that the SAPGUI window closes.