Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structual authorization set up for departments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are trying to figure out the best way of setting up a structual authorizations for the following scenario. I appreciate your inputs relating to this.

We have a 'Purchasing department' head by a Vice president. Under him are the two Purchasing Managers and we have executives reporting the purchasing managers. We would want to make 'Purchasing department' as one organization unit. However, in structural authorization what is the best way to restrict the purchasing managers assigned to same organization unit such that they do not access executives that report to other managers. We thought of using position to position however heard that SAP standard roles delivered in areas such as MSS are organization unit driven and not position driven.

Instead of creating multiple organization units and control the structural authorization through them, what will be easiest way in this scenario ?.

Thanks,

Girish

1 REPLY 1

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Normally I would prefer using separate org units here - But as understand your requirement - that's not an option.

I would advice against building this based on position, but what can be done is:

1. Create a new/find a relation in HR describing the relation the reporting relation between the Purchasing managers and the executives.

2. Create an evaluation path (Transaction OOAW) defining the path from the purchasing managers to executive.

3. Now you can create a structural profile using this evaluation path.

Regards

Morten Nielsen