cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM --> WITHOUT <-- XI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We have installed CCM components on our ECC6 (700) baseline, and our users are requesting we also install XI and T-Rex as key supporting componets.

T-REX we can live with, but we are reluctant to deploy XI as we are endeavouring to keep our environments and architecture as simple as possible, and had made the decision several months ago to limit our middleware platforms to a single application - webMethods 6.5 with the SAP adaptor.

We are being told that CCM "must" have XI installed, due to the RFC connections that it demands to allow for catalog content to be transformed for upload, when sourced from external parties. I am not convinced of this, and believe there must be a way of "tricking" CCM into not requiring XI to be present?

Does anyone have an idea how this could occur?

regards,

Alistair

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

XI is not required if you upload your files to CCM via CSV files and both catalog components ( that is, CAT and CSE ) are in the same client. In all other cases XI is required, that is:

- When loading data into CCM via XML

- When transferring Product masters or Contracts from SRM into CCM

- When transferring Materials or Contracts from ERP into CCM

Please award points if helpful.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SRM help, I understand what you are saying and will confirm requirements with my business peers.

On the installation and configuration side of CCM, my BASIS team are advising that CCM is "expecting" to "see" XI, and that it will not give them a green light unless this is installed and configured per the cookbook for CCM/XI/T-Rex integration.

Is there a way of convincing or configuring CCM so that it does not go looking for XI, or, our preferred option, a way of changing the CCM configuration steps so that is can integrate through to webMethods for the XML-based servers you describe?

regards,

Alistair

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Alistair,

CCM has CAT(Catalog Authering Tool) and CSE(Catalog Search Engine). If you design the CSE in other client or other server, XI is required for publishing.

Use the "Publish Locally" option in the IMG, Cross-Application components -> SAP Catalog Content Management -> SAP Catalog Authoring Tool -> Specify setting for Publishing Catalog. So the CAT and CSE are same client. You do not need a XI for publishing.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masayuki, I'll pass that on...Alistair

Answers (0)