cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call more than one page in sequence from MAIN window in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a requirement to print three fixed text pages after I complete printing purchase order realted data..

I have four pages say FIRST, SECOND, THIRD , FOURTH.

as per my layout requirement,

Next page of FIRST wil b my SECOND

Next page of SECOND wil b my SECOND

Now, I need to call THIRD & FOURTH in sequence. it will have a single window to print fixed text. Please let me know how I shall call THIRD and FOURTH in sequence from FIRST or SECOND.

I can use COMMAND to call the new page and using that I shall be able to call only one page and not more than one.

Hope someone helps.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sreenivas,

use two command nodes one after the other (as we can define the command nodes only in the main window these two nodes get refleted in all the pages. so we have to use 'only on page' checkbox to specify at what page we want to use this command).

1. first command node: select the 'go to next page' checkbox and select 'page3' from the drop down and in the conditions tab select the 'only on page ' checkbox and select 'page 2'. similarly

2. second command node: select the 'go to next page' checkbox and select 'page4' from the drop down and in the conditions tab select the 'only on page ' checkbox and select 'page 3'.

this should solve the purpose.

Regards,

Vidya.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhya!!

It solved my problem and output is as expected.

Full marks to you

Thanks a ton!.

Thanks SDN & everyone for helping me !!

Cheers!

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Both,

First of all thanks for replying

I have done what you guys had suggested But as before I am just able to go till THIRD page and the FOURTH page is not getting printed.

Is there any way to call the main window of a page which is called through COMMAND? ( like calling main window of THIRD from SECOND )

If we could that..I belive the problem should be solved.

Thanks again

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have fixed text in MAIN widow of THIRD page, change the window type to secondary window, do not use MAIN window in thid page.

Smartforms process FOURTH page automatically if next page of THIRD set to FOURTH. Use secondary window type in FOURTH page too.

Regards

Sridhar

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the following with the existing setup of pages FIRST and SECOND

- Add a command node to MAIN window, in the general attributes of command node set Go to new page as THIRD, in condition tab select checkboxes 'Only before end of main window and 'only on page' and select SECOND in the dropdown.

- Set next page of THIRD as FOURTH and FOURTH's next page space, and no main windows in THIRD and FOURTH.

Regards

Sridhar

sreemsft
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I do not think that you can directly call the next page by using some coding.

I understand that you need to call page sequence like First Page->Second Page-> Second Page->Third page->Fourth Page

Here as per my knowledge you can do one thing. Copy the second page and mention it like a Temppage and in your second page mention next page as Temp Page and in the Temp Page metion the next page as Third Page.

Can i know why do you want to give the same second page twice?

Thanks,

Sreekanth