cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details about RFID with AII and XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know some of the details about RFID with AII and XI.

1. What is the difference between AII and XI?

2. Is the AII is a separate R/3 System and How to Install or configure this.

3. What are the Steps to Process AII with RFID?

4. I have XI system and I want to integrate RFID with Only XI. And what are the

Steps to process.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil Nair,

Thanks for giving information.

I want to integrate RFID with Only XI. I want to know what are the middleware systems we can use other than AII.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do have few more doubts, we have purchased hand held readers from Symbol and Intermec. As of now we are using .Net as intermediary along with the SDK's provided by them. Can I have the process of integration with SAP either using XI or AII and XI.

Will there be any documentation for the process of Integration I mean the configuration part needs to be done in XI, AII and R/3 systems. If so where could I get that. Our requirement is to have an integration with SAP.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks & Regards,

Bharadwaj Kolluru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope this helps.

<b>What is the difference between AII and XI?</b>

<b>AII system</b> helps in communicating with the RFID devices for scenarios like commissioning, printing and reading tags. It sends this information to the logistics systems through XI system.

<b>XI</b> enables you to connect systems from different vendors, implemented in different programming languages (Java, ABAP, and so on) to each other.

<b>Is AII a separate R/3 System and how to Install or configure this ?</b>

AII is a differen system all together. For details on installation please download the installation guide from service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP Components -> SAP solutions for RFID. For Configuration, please refer to the link given by Guru.

<b>What are the Steps to Process AII with RFID ?</b>

Please refer to the link given by Guru

I have XI system and I want to integrate RFID with Only XI. And what are the

Steps to process.

RFID is a technology and RFID solution involves tag printer, tag writers, device controller, middleware systems like AII or some other. The link covers integration of AII system to RFID devices and XI. Is that what you are looking for ?

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. AII is the new module introduced for SAP for RFID based solutions. It is very much different from XI. XI is used to integrate between different systems. But AII is for implementing RFID based solutions.

2. Yes AII is a seperate system and is not a R/3 system. You need to purchase this software and you install it the way you install SAP R/3.

3 & 4. The answers to thsi can be found in SAP Documentation. Follow the link

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_autoid40/helpdata/en/index.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_autoid40/helpdata/en/index.htm</a> for more details.

- Guru

Reward points for helpful answers