cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding rows in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a table I should display 2 rows. These are static rows. How to add static rows to table. This table doesn't get populated by a web service or by a form.

how can I achieve this.

Regards,

Namrata

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namrata,

Though i have not faced this situation before, I think you cannot add static rows to a table. They are always populated by some service.

May be you can try modeling it differently.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know any opportunity for adding two static rows. Maybe a workaround helps, you can add a table in a BI backendsystem and add the two rows, then you can read the two records over a sql statement from the backend via RFC.

Best regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Firstly, thanks from my side for your response. I have one more question. When i assign the value in the store as default value to Input field in the form, it is not displaying any value. But when i assign the default value as "123"(static value),then it is working properly. On the label if i try to display the same value which is in the store it is displaying properly again.

Could you please help me.

Regards,

Namrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, in the label you use the caption property, where you can use a formula, this refreshes itself, if the value in the data store changed. If you use the default value in the inputfield it doesn't show a value, because there is no value in the data store, when you start your model. The data store gets the value after the input field want to "read" it from the data store. The input field read once and doesn't notice, if the value in the data store changed.

In which case do you need the default values? - Maybe we can solve it by a workaround.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

It is a very help ful answer. I am storing a value which comes from the web service.

After that in a form i should assign this as a default value to another input field. It is mandatory in the application. Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Namrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I need more information about the model, when you get the value from a webservice, why can't you assign the return value direct to the inputfield, aren't the form and the webservice connected?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will explain you in detail.

Consider there are 4 forms in the application .

From form1 iam calling a web service and iam storing a value in a data store which comes from the web service. From form1 i am navigating to form2. From form2 iam navigating to form3. From form3 iam navigating to form4. In form4, there is a input field for which i have to assign the default value which comes from the web service. The form and the web service are not connected. So, iam trying to do it using store.

I hope you have understood it. Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Namrata