cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java File Missing while import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to import a project into the workspace, only one java file is missing(showing error : R3View does not exist).

Before I import the project, the folder contains that java file in gen_wdp folder. but after import, it doesnt. It automatically got deleted. I dint know how it happens. I have taken one copy of that java file. So I have created a new java file(R3View.java) in gen_wdp folder and copied the code. Now it works fine. I have taken this backup folder.

When I try to import it next time, the same problem exists. Actually the folder contains all the java files before import.

Why this problem occurs? Kindly help me out.

Regards,

Kalai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In NWDS, the code is generated based on the meta data. The gen_wdp, gen_ddic folders contains the source files which will be generated based on the meta data available in the form of XML files. So you need not to bother about it, infact you can delete the content under this folder and you can regenerate it by using the Reload option. So after import use Rebuild or Reload option it automatically generates the .java files.

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Actually my problem is that after importing a project, a java file is getting deleted automatically from gen_wdp folder. So after reload also, it doesnt work.

Kindly help me out.

Thanks and Regards,

Kalai

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you create this Java file explicitly or its generated one? Please send us details how you created the file.

Regards

Abhilash

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As abhilash stated the folder gen_wdp always have generated code based upon web dynpro metadata.

You cann't contribute code by placing any souce file in this directory. That you have to do in some source directory that is generally "src\packages".

If you place code in gen_wdp folder and reload the project, do a dc build, or simple project build ....... the file will get deleted.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma