cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why XI if scenario is only file to file

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

my customer interacts with 6 to 7 partners in their day-to-day business. Only the customer uses SAP platform and the rest of the partners are using non-SAP technologies. However, the preferred medium of communication between the customer and partners is still a file as input and file as output. All these years the customer and its partners are using custom programs to communicate within the file to file scenario. The customer wants to know what will be the benefit if replacing it with XI as the integration broker even if all the scenarios are still file to file.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Advantages using XI File to File scenario.

1. Configuration and Monitoring done by Central .

2. once the receive the file message in XI you can do the validation ..and you can generate the alerts.

3. you can send same response at a time all the Partners.

Regards,

Venu.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your customer would have maintained a point to point communication so far. By bringing an Integration Broker like XI into the picture, you arem oving towards a Hub and Spoke model that allows for central monitoring etc etc. You would not need to hard code connection parameters etc inside your code and so on.

Also, you can do mapping to convert source content into target format and so on.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, thanks for the quick response. also tell me what are the advantages of using XI in asynchronous communication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Advantages of asynchronous communication -

1) <b>Guaranteed delivery</b>, as the messages are always persisted in database

2) Usually more <b>efficient</b> in performance than synchrnous communication as only one message type involved (as compared to 2 messages - request and response for synchronous case)

3) Since there is no response in picture, sender can keep on sending the messages to XI (of course, it will fill up the XI database) However in synchronous case, sender cannot send a request until response to earlier request is received.

Thus in asynchronous case, we can say that <b>sender and receiver are more loosely coupled</b> than synchronous case.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest contacting SAP office (or SAP partner)

to give your customer a lecture on XI benefits as they cannot be

presented in one or two sentences I believe

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>