Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing: print price per sales unit of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm currently working on a problem in pricing:

the customer wants to maintain the material price in KG, but on the output the price has to be printed in PC (or M2,...).

E.g. material price 4,20 EUR per KG.

Printout: 10 PC 76,00 EUR per 1 PC: 760,00 EUR.

(The unit PC is here the UoM in the document.)

Any ideas how this can be done? Extensive programming in the print program should be avoided if possible.

Best regards,

Elmar Strallhofer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain PC to KG conversion factor in Material Master

In Purchasing View make the order unit PC.

This will do

Thanks,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

PC to KG coversion is maintained.

But I'm talking about the output to a sales document, so purchasing data should not be relevant. And in fact, the materials mostly don't even have purchasing data (FERT finished products).

Best regards,

Elmar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain PC as sales unit in Sales view of the material master.

Also create condition records in VK11 using PC as UoM.

Thanks.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

that's exactly the problem. PC is maintained as sales unit, but the condition (VK11) has to be maintained in KG. (We are using pricing reference materials, where the price per KG is the same for many materials, but the price per PC is totally different.)

Regards

Elmar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You maintain VK11 for both Kg and PC. What is the problem ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just tried that: maintained also a condition per PC, without an amount. Then the condition in the sales order is by PC, but is zero...

So this is not a solution, unfortunately.

(Of course it would be possible, to maintain all prices in PC. But to avoid this is the aim of my setup.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may be possible to help you only if you provide details.

What is the problem in maintaing conditions in PC ?

If the prices are different when it is per PC and same when it is per Kg, Then what is the point in maintaining it in per Kg ?

If you have left it "without an amount" in VK11, how did you expect a value in Sales order ?

If you want it to be manually filled (Pricing Condition for per PC type in Sales Order), then what is the problem ? Do it for each SO.

Thanks,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me give you an example: you have materials A, B, C (in reality there could be 20 or 100 materials).

A: price per KG: 5,0 - 1,5 KG per PC => price per PC: 7,5

B: price per KG: 5,0 - 1,8 KG per PC => price per PC: 9,0

C: price per KG: 5,0 - 2,2 KG per PC => price per PC: 11,0

So if you maintain conditions per KG, you only need one record. If you do it per PC, you need 3 condition records (or 20 or 100)...

In reality it is a bit more complicated (the materials have surcharges based on material attributes), but the main issue is as described above.

I'm currently working on a solution which hopefully might work, but I just hoped that someone already knows a simpler solution. So don't invest too much effort into that - I will gladly inform you when (and if!) my solution works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , I am also facing the same problem . Can u please let me know how u resolved it

Thanks in Advance