cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI File Adapter: FTP access error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to send a message to a FTP location through the File Adapter. The status of the File Adapter changed to red with this message:

2006-12-11 10:29:05 CET: Error: Message processing failed: Exception: ftp access error: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

When I try the FTP location from the communication channel in a DOS-box, I'm able to connect to the site and put a file there. The setup of the communication channel therefor seems correct. A passive connection does not work (access denied).

Does anybody have an idea on what's causing this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>java.net.SocketException:</b> -- This normally implies a network connectivity issue. Please check if you can connect to the FTP server from your XI server. Try to ping the FTP port from your XI server and check if it works fine.

Regards,

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>When I try the FTP location from the communication channel in a DOS-box, I'm able to connect to the site and put a file

but did you try to do it from XI server or from your local computer?

maybe the XI does not have access to the FTP only (firewalls etc)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I access the FTP location in a DOS-box from the XI-server.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the server address in case you have given the host name try putting the ip address.

Also Ref: /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Message was edited by:

Shabarish Vijayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I replaced the hostname with the IP address, but the message stays the same.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hope you activated the CC after the changes were made.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the changes for the communication channel were activated.