cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in function module for inbound processingwhile testing from we19

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have developed a custom function module for processing inbound idoc for creating material using bdc...the problem is that when i am trying to test my idoc using we19 and calling my function module in debug mode an error is displayed showing 'interface for function module is incorrect' and also i am unable to see my function module in debugging mode.It is only displaying the error message...

I have given all the parameters necessary (import,export or tables) and found no error in the interface...I think the problem is appearing before my function module is being called....Also on seeing the short dump analysis I have seen that the error is in the form 'Idocs passed to application' which is not a part of the function module developed by me...

I am unable to understand why this error message is being displayed...

Please help me out of this..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you done all required config,I mean setting up relationship between message type,function module and idoc type?

Thanks,

Tuhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya i have done all the necessary configs like setting up partner profile ..I am using partner type: us

partner number: lsmw

basic type : matmas

also i have completed assigning process code, maintaining attributes of the function module etc..

There is a confusion about as what port should i use...Since i am putting data in the idoc segments using we19 ie while testing only..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

why are you using BDC to create materials when you have

standard IDOC that will do it with all the error handling etc ?

MATMAS

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya i know that ..But I wanted to create a simple one..moreover the problem is not with bdc....It is with the function module interface..

Also I want to ask a question that I had to define all the parameters (in the function module ) by data declaration statements in the function group top include..

If i dont do that say the first error is when i write loop at idoc_contrl ..idoc_contrl is not declared by a data statement..So IO had to write a data statement:

Idoc_contrl type table of edidc..I have seen that in other function modules (idoc inbound processing) no such data declaration is done..