cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of component (DC) name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the allowed length of a component (DC) name? A DC Project name includes the following details: JDI track, SC, CompName, vendor name.

While creating a DC project, if the name exceeds 8 char it shows a warning. What is allowed length here?

I refered the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/01/bb91ee812c3242964d01e791526ce8/frameset.htm

If my DC project name is "JDI_JD_Dmyappmyapp_project~sap.com", what is the length of my component.

Regards,

Piyush.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your DC project name is "JDI_JD_Dmyappmyapp_project~sap.com", then the component name should be "sap.com/myapp_project/myapp". So in this case the total length is 27.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

Thanks for ur answer.

What if my component name "sap.com/my_app..../myapp" is more than 40 Char? Will it give any problem in future, like at compilation issues etc? I hope it does allow us to create a component that is more than 40 Char.

I have created a component which is more than 40 char in length (calculated as u suggested). In my local environment its working fine. But my client says it might cause compilation issues later.

Regards,

Piyush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you follow the guidelines of SAP. Maybe now they don't force you, but if this is changed in the future, it could lead to problems.

Regards,

Christophe