cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 2004s installation :windows: Oracle 10G probelm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I would like to install Netweaver 2004S(with usage types AS ABAP, AS JAVA, BI, BI JAVA, EP & DI) on a server which has Windows 2003 server OS running on it.

The server has 6GB RAM and has 5GB of free space on C: and a free sapce of 60GB on H: & 50GB on I: respectively.The database that is to be used is Oracle 10g.

Do I need to install first SAP solution manger 4.0 on this or Can i proceed with Netweaver 2004 S installation???

I am installing a central system.

First I tried installing SAP solution manger 4.0 on this system and it went successfully. Now when i am installing Netweaver 2004s on the same machine, during installation I am asked whether to "install a MCOD or create a new database for this installation".

I chose Install MCOD and proceeded further with Installation. But my installation is taking a lot of time while executing the service :"Creating database schema". The message which i get on status bar is " Removing schema user SAPSR3" and the status remains the same.

Have any of you faced this problem ? Please let me know how you have proceeded further.

Before starting the installation one of the prerequisites " SWAP SPACE VALUES" for installation was not satisfied by my system and even then i proceeded with the installation.

Is it because of this SWAP space problem , my intsallation is strcuk?? or what could be the reason fo this?

Thanks

Diwakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to genrate the key first in sol.manager and scrap it, or else post the SID instance number and hostname.

why you want to install solution manager?

only for key?

dont do Mcod on solman

do a seperate installation.

regards

D.Samrat

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a) you only need the solution manager for one key you'll have to supply in order to install netweaver 2004s...

b) swap space should be at least 2-3 times RAM...so 18 gb should be sufficient...you can place the different pagefiles on different disks...

workaround:

install solman, get the key and delete the installation afterwards - leave oracle installation untouched be sure to erase all instance specific directoris, such as orarach, sapdata etc.

then install nw2004s as described in the installation manual...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks a lot for the solution.

But do you think that SAP solution manager is not required once we get the key.

I mean while intsalling NW2004s,dont we need SAP solution manger??

So I can Uninstall the Solution manager Once I get the Key. Am I right??

While unintsalling Sap Solution manager what things(related to Solution manager) should i retain??

Please let me know.

Thanks Once again

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yes, you only need the solman for this key...for more installations you'll need more keys...

yes, you can uninstall it afterwards (don't forget to write down the key!)

related to solman? nothing...\usr\sap can/must be erased...the only things i would keep are the database related parts, such as \oracle\SID\102_32|64 and everything beneath...don't forget to erase the solman db schema as well...you can uninstall solman using the sapinst proggie...

GreetZ, AH