cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Administrator Login Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a SCM5.0 installation on WIndows NT 2003 with oracle 10.2 as the database.I have a very strange problem.When ever I try to login into J2EE Visual Administrator it asks me for a new password and after entering the new password it again asks for a new password and this continues.I tried using the console administrator through telnet there also it asks for a new password and after entering a new password it shows the error message "ERROR CHANGING; THE PASSWORD ".Can anyone help me ,why this is happenig.

Thanks in Advance.

With Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try logging on the ABAP stack withthe J2EE_ADMIN and changing the password there.

Or you can update the password in the secure store area (admin/password<SID>)of the configtool.bat.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

I had tried every thing which could be done to chage the password and login into the Visual administrator but I never followed the simple procedure which you specified i.e. (logging on the ABAP stack with the J2EE_ADMIN and changing the password there) I always used to change the password but never logged on using the J2EE_ADMIN user.I did that and It solved the problem.

Full points to you for that.

Thanks

Amit