cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Connect remote VM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I stuck with debugginging of simple welcome application.

Just i have gone through the forum to find out why causing this error when i launch the debug on this application.

1. I have cheked the J2EE engime remore host and that is fine.

2. Server0 debug mode is ON

3. I have checked the connection properties of the Debug like host : localhost and port : 50021

but when i click on run>> debug i am getting this error message <u><b>Failed to Connect remote VM, connection refused.</b></u>

Advance Thanks

peter

Failed to Connect remote VM

<b></b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally got the debugger to start by installing Developer workplace using a local server.The connection is made fast enough ,application is deployed but when I click on a button which has a breakpoint attached to it ,it reaches till the breakpoint but does not goto the next statement on pressing F5 even F8 does not quit the session and execute the application further.

Any ideas why his is happening.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One Question, what should be the state of the server node used for Debugging , whether Running or Debugging ,because the SAP Library talks about using the context menu and Enabling the Debugging of processes but this option is greyed out for me ..I don't know what to do

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is nobody else using the Debug session ,I am the only one working on it . Also I have checked the port with the Basis guy ,they are in the listening state.

Still I keep on getting this message everytime I try to Debug.

Looking forward to reply

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

just check out somebody's Debug session must be goin on.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am getting the same issue ,any help would be really appreciated

Thanks

SRudra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 ways of doing the debugging.

1. Setting the properties to DEBUG Mode to On is having a permanent marking on debug mode.

2. Other way round, you could print out some messages and see where you are going wrong. The equivalent of System.out.println() in WD applications is the code below.

IWDMessageManager message = wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager();

message.reportSuccess("<some relevant debug message>");

You can also have entire dump of Java exception get printed out in this way.

I feel the port is not open. You have some security restrictions maybe. so check out with the BASIS admin guy.

Cheers!!!

Sukanta

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Please chech these Links,

/thread/205381 [original link is broken]

Regards,

Ramganesan K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peter,

somebody might be using a debug session at that time,try after sometime.

Regards,

Bhavana

Former Member
0 Kudos