cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Load Generator

Former Member
0 Kudos

EXPERT..!!!

I have been applied patches on my IDES ECC6 which has been completed successfully, earlier, I had been executed SGEN with the selection of "Generate all objects of selected software components" before applying the patches.

Now, I want to do execute again SGEN after applying the patches. There are multiple selections, what have to choose to continue compile code after applying patches.

1 Generate all objects of selected software components

2 Regenerate after a system upgrade

3 Regenerate existing load

Is there anyone explain me about those options, SAP Library talk about them but not in detail.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

'Generate all objects of selected software components' means you can pick one of more software components to generate the ABAP 'loads' for (i.e. SAP_BASIS or SAP_ABA).

'Regenerate after a system upgrade' will regenerate all ABAP loads touched by an upgrade.

'Regenerate existing load' will regenerate the loads for all existing ABAP loads.

I usually use the last one as it is pretty indicative of the programs currently been executed in the system by the users.

SAP note 162991 has some information on SGEN too (and other tools available in various releases).

I hope this helps,

Mike.