cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAProuter..Connection timed out ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have configured my saprouter and its working fine (as from test niping). Now i am trying to logon to the OSS of sabserv7, It desplyes first message "Unable to connect to the SAPNet message server, default connection will be use" and after a connect atempt, it displayed "Connection to host 194.39.134.35, service SAPDB99 timed out.

Please help me as i have connected directly to the internet (the computer is conneted to internet without behind any firewall).

1 - Is there anydata should be maintained in the service.sap.com?(we didnt maintained regarding connection at sap service portel.

2 - Is there any step missing?

3 - Are these system generated IP address of SAProuter are correct?

Thanks

Usman Rana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please mention the steps you have carried out to set up your SAProuter? May be that will help in identifying if you are missing something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

I want to tell you the step taken till now,

First i configure the saprouter and then define a table for the access in the saprouttab.

Then run the niping.exe for self test.

Then i connect our other server using SAProuter system and connect succesfully then i set the Parameter for connection to OSS and select SINGAPUR server and save the setting and tried to logon but show the same message as above.

I tried to connect OSS from the computer which i directly connected from the internet but find the same message.

the parameter at the parameter screen is

SAP ROUTER1

Host:- M1

IP:- 192.168.0.176

Instance:- 99

SAPROUTER at SAP

Host:- sapserv7

IP:- 194.39.134.35

Instance:- 99

SAPNET Message Server

Host:- OSS001

DB Name:- 001

Instance:- 01

These above are the setting and when i tried to connect it displays the same error message even i am directly connected from the internet (No firewall No restriction)

I ping the SAPRouter IP but didnt find any responce but it could be due to the restriction they have at their side.

One thing which we dont have taken that we dont have mentain any connection at the service.sap.com and didnt send any fax to the SAP (as SAp instruct such type of activity in connectsap allias)

Please help me that is there any thing i am doing wrong or missing.

Thanks

Usman Rana

Former Member
0 Kudos

You definitely have to request SAP to open a connection for your SAProuter. This also requires a program (Line Opener Program) that runs on your machine and accepts incoming connections from SAP and open your SAProuter connection, which is then used by SAP to directly talk to your SAProuter.

Please go through the documentation available at http://service.sap.com/saprouter and make sure you have followed all required steps. If you are not using a VPN connection, this also means installing cryptrographic library (SNC). Then you have to apply for a certificate at http://service.sap.com/tcs so that you can make your connections secure. You can use the following links to find more information:

1. http://www.easymarketplace.de/saprouter.php

2. https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=350234&messageID=78179

Regards

Message was edited by:

Shehryar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shahryar Thanks for your reply,

I just want to know that are these all steps required to get a developer access key (code) what ever it is. Actually we just need to write a code in the R3 and it is asking for the developer code and then i after some study come to the point that "ONLY" from OSS it is posible to get developer registered and get a code to entered. (Is it true to pass trough all these steps just to write a piece of code?)

Its a personal question, R u the guy from Abacus Consultant ?

Thanks

Usman Rana

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome. For the developer access key, you'll need to go to http://service.sap.com -> Keys & Requests -> SSCR Keys -> Register SSCR keys. Here, you will see your systems registered with SAP. You can select the relevant system, provide it with the details required such as Object type and ID. A key will be generated which can be used to modify the code.

For documentation on the standard modification process, please check out <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/60/d6ba5aceda11d1953a0000e82de14a/content.htm">this link</a>.

Please keep in mind that in case of modifications, whenever you will install latest patches, your modified programs may be overwritten by newer SAP releases and you'll have to adjust these programs manually once again. That is why modifications are not recommended and the developers should try to find a suitable user exit to write their code into. If no user exit exists, then it is recommended to try to find a workaround such as trying to carry out the chages by using a function module/batch input/etc after the standard transaction is complete. Modifications should only be the last resort and someone experienced should confirm if that is the only option available. If your developer needs further information, (s)he should post a question in any of the forums listed at /community [original link is broken] .

Hope this helps.

Regards

Shehryar

ps: Yes, I am the guy from Abacus Consulting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once again thanks for the reply,

We want to import our items list (that is in the excel sheet ) in the SAP, thats y we need to write a code to import the excel sheet to fill our items table.

Is there any otherway to get the same functionality or to perform such activity.

Usman Rana

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the table is your own, you dont need to modify anything. Simply ask your developer to create a program (name starting from Y or Z) and create a routine to upload data from frontend and insert into database table.

If this is a standard table you intend to populate, then the developer should either search for a function module that can do the same or create a batch input session and fill it up with data from file.

This is not the right forum for the scenario at hand. Please ask the developer to post the question in any of the forums I suggested earlier.

Regards