Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help - context sensitive auth check (structural auths)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some help debugging context sensitive authorization. My goal is to allow maintain access for a certain org unit, but allow display for the entire org hierarchy.

I set up normal structural authorizations and that works fine for restricting maintain to the org unit.

I then activated the context sensitive auth in T77S0. Then in my role, I manually added the two P_ORGINCON auth objects...gave one maintain for the org unit structural auth profile, and the other display for the entire org hierarchy structural profile. When I went to test, the user was still not able to display on entire hierarchy. It's like the context sensitive authorization was not in effect.

Is there anything special I need to do to active context sensitve auth, besides the switches in T77S0?

And is it normal to manually insert the objects into the role, or should they automatically appear once a transaction like PA30 is added to the role's menu?

Thanks, Vlad

2 REPLIES 2

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you maintained OOSB - I think you need to assign both structural profiles to the user.

Regarding the manual insert - yes you need to do it manually. The default values are stored in SU24, and it's based on P_ORGIN, to get them in automatically you need to replace all your P_ORGIN with P_ORGINCON.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

0 Kudos

Morten,

Careless mistake. I forgot to add the second profile to user in OOSB. It did the trick.

Thanks, Vlad