cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC build error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created an enterprise application dc which should provide me the .EAR deployable file on building, but its giving me the following error :

Dec 7, 2006 8:26:38 PM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: entapp: Build failed for pcbp.com/entapp(pcbp.com_PCBP-DEV_1) in variant "default": Check for used DCs failed: Cannot build because used component is broken: pcbp.com/web( pcbp.com_PCBP-DEV_1)

-

Build log -

Development Component Build (2006-12-07 20:26:38)

Component name: entapp

Component vendor: pcbp.com

SC compartment: pcbp.com_PCBP-DEV_1

Configuration: NWX_PCBPAPP_D

Source code location: http://teak:50000/dtr/ws/PCBPAPP/pcbp.com_PCBP-DEV/dev/inactive/DCs/pcbp.com/entapp/_comp/

DC root folder: C:\Documents and Settings\krunalra\.dtc\3\DCs\pcbp.com\entapp\_comp\

DC type: J2EE

DC subtype: Enterprise Application

Host: BESTXPKRA

DC Model check:

[dcmake] All used DCs are available locally

[dcmake] <b>ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Cannot build because used component is broken</b>: pcbp.com/web( pcbp.com_PCBP-DEV_1)

[dcmake] Build failed with errors.

I have 3 other DCs that i have included in the used Dcs of enterprsie application DC, and i have checked the "web"dc as it says in the error, but it does not has any erorrs in it though !!

Can anybody suggest me some solution for this ??

With Regards,

Krunal Rana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Ya, i restarted the NWDS and then did the unsync and then build and it worked !

With Regards,

Krunal Rana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krunal,

well at least the DC Model check "thinks" that your Web DC is broken.

Have you tried to restart NWDS or just force a build of the Web DC? If that doesn't work I would try to unsync and resync the Web DC.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you "unsync" a DC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use 'Remove from Client' in the DC perspective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK... but my DC has not been checked into DTR at all yet (it is still only on my local machine). So if I remove it from client, will not all the source code be deleted?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct, but then again, it doesn't make sense to (un)sync something that is not in the DTR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krunal

Maybe your public part is corrupt.One thing you could try is regenerating the public part of pcbp.com/web . You can first delete the generated jar file under the folder C:\Documents and Settings\krunalra\.dtc\3\DCs\pcbp.com\web\_comp\gen\default\public\<app>\lib\java

You will have to shutdown your Studio for this (incase the file is locked)

Regards

Pran