0 Kudos

Hello All of you

we have a problem when we want to replicate the Numeric and the

alphanumeric vendors from R/3 to EBP.

In R/3, we have numeric Vendors (with intern number, for example

1015522) and alpha-numeric vendors (with extern number; for example

COP0001234):

In our system SRM 3 (EBP 4), we have created the following ranges for

the Business Partner "Vendor" : 000000001 - 999999999 and COP0000000 - COPZZZZZZZ.

When we want to replicate them (with same numbers between R/3 and EBP),

using BBPGETVD, only the numeric vendors are uploaded, not the alpha-

numeric. Using the BBPGETVD, with the Option "Only transfer R/3 Number", for to the vendor COP0001234 (for example), we have the following message in EBP :"All R/3 descriptions are already assigned in the system".

But using "Internal Number Assignment Only" the system allows the replication, but changes the number (which is, of course, not what we want).

Thank you for your help,

Pierre-Jean Rumeau

SRM Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

I think the problem occurs because you haven't assigned the alpha-numeric number range in EBP. Go to IMG > Cross-applications components > SAP Business Partner > Business Partner > Basic Setting > Number Range and Groupings. First, define this alpha -numeric number range and assign it as external number. And then, assign this new number range. But, the problem now is that you cannot use two external number ranges concurrently. You have to choose which number range you want to use.

Hope this help.

Iqbal

0 Kudos

Hello Iqbal,

thank you for your answer. I've made the modification as you said and in fact, after severals tests, it is not possible to use 2 external number ranges in the same time, and we need to use both of them : the numeric and the alpha-numeric ranges (so we have to use these 2 externals reference).

It's incredible that we can't use them concurrently, further more, they come from the same back-end, R/3!

I'll try other customizing, but I wonder if a specific program shouldn't be used...

Pierre-Jean Rumeau

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Yes only one external number range is available.

In your case, you should use internal number assignment and mapping wth R/3 numbers will be done in VENMAP.

Why is it so mandatory for the cutomer to get the R/3 numbers as mapping will be correctly done in the background when submitting documents to the backend.

This is a good SRM value to be able to have only one SRM system dealing with several R/3 systems with differetn codifications.

Kind regards,

Yann

0 Kudos

Hello,

I've made different tests in the customizing (as i've had a look on the forum too, and saw that Grace Taylor had a similar problem) and it works...

This is what we have done :

Cross-Application Components> SAP Business Partner >Business Partner> Basic Settings > Number Ranges and Groupings > Define Number Ranges

i've created only one External Range :

0001000000 - COPZZZZZZZ

Then in :

Cross-Application Components > SAP Business Partner > Business Part

> Basic Settings > Number Ranges and Groupings > Define Groupings and

Assign Number Ranges

i've assigned this range as the standard external range.

Using the BBPGETVD for numeric and alpha-numeric vendor, with the option"Internal Number Assignment Only" I could replicate both of them.

Thank you, again.

Pierre-Jean Rumeau

Answers (0)