Did you mean: 

What setting need in SAP R/3 if i want to send only changed records to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I had problem while sending Idoc from SAP R/3 to XI

Thing is i want to send only the changed records in Idoc not all so what

settings i need to in SAP R/3 ?

Can any one explain me how to do this...

Adv thanks and Points

Prasad K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

Many cases you will find that there are standard message types for change idocs.

For Instance let us take Purchase order:

--For Order create ORDERS is the message type.

--For Order Change ORDCHG is the message type.

You will just need to maintain both in the outbound parameter in the Partner Profile in we20.

From XI side this means there are separate interfaces -- ORDERS.ORDERS02 & ORDCHG.ORDERS02 for instance. You just need to treat this as different interfaces and Configure. One last thing . If the basic type is same eg. ORDERS02 then you can use the same message mapping program for both Change and create if you want -- although the interface mapping will be different.

Make sure to maintain metadata in IDX2 in XI.

Cheers,

Himadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prasad,

If you want to use change pointer you have to create a standard idoc-scenario in XI and configure change pointers in R3.

This link explains you perfectly how to set up change pointers: <a href="http://www.supinfo-projects.com/fr/2005/idocs_2_en/1/">using change pointers</a>

Hope it helps,

Kind Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

U configure the port, Partner profile. Assign the message type to the Partner profile.

If U R using standard Master data/Transactional data change mechanism, U can use BD10, BD12…. Like the transactions.

If U r using custom IDocs, U have to configure the message type to the partner profiles.

For Ex: for HR master changes, u have to configure HRMD_03 to Ur Outbound Partner profiles. Port and RFC destination are same.

reg.,

Yallabandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For whichever processes you want to send the changed data you will have to check if there is standard IDoc availble

then activate the change pointers for the same.

Regards

vijaya