SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ISU- Business Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a couple of queries more pertaining to SAP ISU Business Partner which are as below:

1.Can we delete an exiting Business Partner?If yes, how do we do it?Or is it only marked for deletion.In that case,Can we see a report to view all existing BP and BP marked for deletion?

2.Can we lock an exisiting BP?For example, a BP was created but was not used for any purpose.Can we lock the BP so that nobody can use it accidentally?

Look forward to your responses.

Thanks

Amitav Otta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

to my understanding you can do both.

For deletion you can use the report program BUPA_TEST_DELETE .

I have never used this as there is rarely such requirement for Deletion

But the second one is very much used in the industry...

for that You can use the Status <b>Not Released</b>. Its there on the Status tab of BP transaction

Do reward points if found useful...

Regards

jhakumar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we resolve the issues by writing a Querry using transaction code SQVI to get this information.Or do we have any existing queries handling this as of now.

Regards

Amitav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure of the ISU BP, but if you use the BP transaction you can lock a BP and mark it for archiving.

The same applies e.g. to the IS-M BP so my assumption is that ISU does it the same way.

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

to my understanding you can do both.

For deletion you can use the report program BUPA_TEST_DELETE .

I have never used this as there is rarely such requirement for Deletion

But the second one is very much used in the industry...

for that You can use the Status <b>Not Released</b>. Its there on the Status tab of BP transaction

Do reward points if found useful...

Regards

jhakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitav,

You have the possibility to delete temporary business partners that are no longer needed, or business partners that were loaded into a system by mistake without archiving these data records beforehand.

In this way the volume of data is reduced and performance is improved

You have two different possibilities to delete business partners from your database.

1.One step procedure

Using the transaction Deletion of business partners (BUPA_DEL), you can remove business partners from your system

a)that you select using the business partner number

b)that have been given a deletion or archiving flag

c)that have the system status deletable

You can also carry out a test run.

2.Two step procedure

a.) In preparation for the delete operation, you can first determine the data records for deletion and set the relevant system status using the transaction Set deletion or archiving flag (BUPA_PRE_DA).

b.) Following this, you carry out the actual delete operation using the transaction Deletion of business partners (BUPA_DEL). You should have set the flag deletable as the parameter.

In both cases it is checked beforehand whether the business partners intended for archiving are still being actively used in the system. These checks are defined in the BDT event DELE1. You can also define other checks here.

<b>You can only delete business partner data records as a whole. It is not possible to delete only certain data of business partners.</b>

You have the possibility to delete user-defined tables. To do this you must define function modules for the BDT event DELE2.

The business partners removed from the system, as well as the business partners that are still being used and that cannot be deleted, are recorded in an application log.

In order to evaluate the log, choose the transaction Evaluate application log (SLG1) and enter the object BDT_DATAARCHIVING and the sub-object CA_BUPA.

cheers

kp