Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC receiver - "ORA-00936:missing expression" error at sync.select command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

questions, questions....

This is my select on the JDBC rec.connection:

I think this is a select with an AND (two criteria).

How does it look for an OR ?

At the moment we have another error:

Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'IRIS.T_ST_MAINDRIVER' (structure 'STATEMENT'): java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00936: missing expression

Hello experts,

what is this? I don´t think that a select calls a stored procedure which is the only result for threads when searching in this forum!

regards

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it on my own.

Help for other guys, searching for reason of this error:

In /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step there is an example for the request step payload:

area of the receiver MT.

Dirk

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dirk,

I hope you also got the reason behind the problem?

You are going to execute a Select statement and so, your Select Statement should have the name of the columns to be selected from the Database.

In your case as you had <ACCCESS></ACCESS> , you were not able to make the Select from the DB as there was no name of the columns to be selected, but when you mapped it to Blank Constants, the name of the columns are available to be selected!

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

as I see you mentioned my problem and you gave the answer doubled,

in your blog and in your answer to my threat!

The first one was a little bit difficult to recognize for newbies to JDBC!

I will continue now with my BPM following your blog, which fits almost 100 % to your blog!

Hope to have some more communication with you to tell you that it works, not to ask more questions!

Regards

Dirk

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dirk,

It always a pleasure to interact and learn along the way!

Its also nice to see people updating the threads with the solutions so that it can help people along the way!

Hope things work perfectly fine and if they dont, SDN is always around!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to execute a Stored Procedure?

You can't get the result from an Oracle SP with JDBC. The problem is about the cursor return from SP, that couldn't bre understood by JDBC adapter.

You can, make a .NET wrapper to it. Make a .NET web service that gets the parameters from XI and runs the SP with them, get the oracle cursor return, transform it into a XML message and return it to the XI SOAP adapter. I've tryied and it works fine - and as I could see is the only way to perform calls to Oracle SPs with cursor return in XI.

hope this helps!

roberti

Message was edited by:

Waldemar Roberti