cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

context mapping for two webservices (retrieve data / change data)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two webservices. WS_1 retrieves the data from the SAP backend and diplays them on view_1. Between ws_1 and view_1 I have a custom controller (cust_1).

Now I like to edit the data on the view_1 and send back the edited data with another webservice (ws_2).

My question is now how I must do the context mapping? Do I need another custom controller(cust_2) for my ws_2? If yes I must map cust_2 to view_1, too. But how can I construct context mapping between the two custom models? The data from cust_1 must be mapped to cust_2. By using a "delta link" I only was able to add the values from cust_2 as additional values to cust_1. But I must map the results from cust_1 to the parameter from cust_2.

Thanks a lot for every tip.

Bye,

Henning

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

If source and target structures are same then you directly use context mapping with single custom controller and use WDCopyService to copy values to target node. But if structures are different then programatically read values from source node and copy values to target node.

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

why dont you just map the context from view to cust2 as you do with view to cust1? Isnt that sufficient? If it's not the same structure of data for example, you can do a mapping from view to cust2 and before executing the ws2, u fill it with data from the context in cust2.

Kind regards.

J.