Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table selection issue while 'GroupingValue' set for Table Columns

former_member286976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a node in my WebDynpro Context 'Node' and I have 3 attributes defined in the node; i.e. BusinessFunction, Country and Region. I had bind this node to a table UI element and had set the 'GroupingValue'property of table colums to support grouping. The purpose is to provide a grouped display for each column elements; like below:

+---------------------------------------+
|Sales	|India		|Region 1	|
|	|		|---------------|
|	|		|Region 2	|
|	|		|---------------|
|	|		|Region 3	|
|	|---------------|---------------|
|	|Australia	|Region 1	|
|	|		|---------------|
|	|		|Region 2	|
|	|		|---------------|
|	|		|Region 3	|
+---------------------------------------+

So far so good.

But when I try to select a single row in the table display in my WebDynpro application, the row is getting lead selected; but the first two columns are not marked and only the last column is getting marked . But I want to have the whole row marked.

Any help to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sudeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The definition of groupingValue (Table Column property) says:

If rows in this column have the same groupingValue and are bound, they are displayed only in one cell.

So, make sure, the columns across a row in a table have same groupingValue and are bound.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pavan.

former_member286976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The columns across the row in the table have the groupingValue set and are bound. But the groupingValue binding for each column is set to the corresponding attribute in the context.

Can you please explain on what do you mean by the statement "the columns across a row in a table have same groupingValue"?

Regards,

Sudeep

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

See this link:

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/04/25/colourful-table-in-web-dynpro Cell in a Table</a>

May be this can help you!

Regards

Pravesh

former_member286976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

Thanks a lot. It worked.

Cheers!

Sudeep

Answers (0)