cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigerring Outbound XI interface from a report program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have scenario which requires an outbound interface to be triggered from a report program.

I followed the approach given in

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

when i am excuting the report program and checked in the sxmb_moni for the status of the message, even though the payload is ok, but the status of the message is failed with msg saying Reciever is not configured.

Since i have only one Outbound interface, so while configuring the integration builder, i can only specify the name for outbound interface but it asks for even inbound interface which i don't have?

Can you please suggest the soultion?

Regards,

Kulwant Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since it's never the intention to 'store' a message in XI ( only to receive/convert/map and eventually transfer/send the message to a destination), you need a receiver and thus an inbound interface for that receiver. It's possible that the inbound and outbound interface are technically the same message structures but you still need to define both in the ID ( or use an abstract interface ) and use them to configure the IR,

regards

Dirk

former_member185845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear kulwant,

From report there are 2 ways of trigerring messages to XI.

Method 1:(busines system running on web as>=6.20

Create proxy for your outbound interface, it generates proxy class in your local IE system(Business system).

once the proxy is generated, you can test it.select the class & click on exucute button located on menu bar.

fill the values and say execute,(for ASyn only).

<b><u>Calling in report</u></b>

Then call the proxy class in your report and fill the values

for ASN: EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS

FOR SYN: EXECUTE SYNCHRONOUS.

Method 2: business system running or 4.6/47 webas in not there

You need to create RFC import the RFC in IR use it as MI(Outbound/syn/asn)

Use the program ID created for RFC communication channel, and create a TCPIP

connection in your business system and use the program id as registerd server program.

Then call the RFC in your report program.

it will work.

regards

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant,

You have to specify the receiver in the Receiver Determination in Integration Directory. Otherwise XI will not know what is to be done with the message that it receives through outbound interface.

What is the receiver in your case ?

- Shankar.