cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM - Update SAP WAS 7.0 (NW2004s) to SP10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we get always the following error message with the update of the WAS 7.0 to SP10 with JSPM:

Error during validation

com.sap.sdm.apiimpl.remote.client.APIRemoteExceptionImpl: Filetransfer failed

UMEADMIN10_0 (Access denied)

We start the JSPM with <sid>adm !

- Thanks in advance.

Regards, Ralf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to open JSPM . We have installed Portal 7.0 SR2 on HP-Unix..Support Pack level 09. I am able open SDM. But I cannot open JSPM. Can you please help me.

Regards,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

has anybody an idea?

Regards, Ralf

0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Looks like SDM was unable to copy this SCA from the inbox to its local temp directory.

Can you zip and send JSPM log directory from this sessions (JSPM/log/log_<i>timestamp</i>)?

Send it to <petar(dot)dochev(at)sap(dot)com>.

Best regards,

Petar

JSPM

0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for the logs.

I can see that your JSPM is older that SP10.

What is the SP-level of your system?

If you want to apply SP10 stack, please make sure you are familiar with the respective Stack Guide.

You can find it here: <a href="http://service.sap.com/jspm">http://service.sap.com/jspm</a> -> SAP NetWeaver 2004s: Support Package Stack Guide -> SPS10 -> NetWeaver 2004s Support Package Stack Guide - SPS10

Specifically section 2.2.3 says

"When updating a system to NW 2004s SPS07 and higher for the first timer, you must update the JSPM before applying the entire SP Stack."

If you encounter problems again, zip and send latest JSPM log directory.

I'll be glad to help you.

Best regards,

Petar

JSPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Petar,

thank you! - The first error appears now no more after the upgrade of jspm to SP10 over sdm.

But now a got a new errormessage on step 3 (Check Queue) in the jspm:

java.lang.runtimeException: Received unexpected answer from server: com.sap.sdm.is.cs.filetransfer.common.CmdFileTransferResponse@1bb51fd.

Have you any idea? - I will send you the zip-logfile to your e-mail adress.

- Thanks in advance.

Regrads, Ralf

0 Kudos

Hello Ralf,

Thanks again for the logs.

Seems like some incompatibility between SDM client and server.

Generally this should not happen. So, I'll need some more details to check with SDM colleagues.

You didn't answer what is the current SP-level of your system. You have updated JSPM to SP10.1 but what are the SP-levels of the rest of the components? (No need to list all of them, just specify the version. It should be the same for most of the components. You can see them in Deployed Components tab in JSPM or System Info web page.)

Please, zip and send the following files:

- JSPM/trc directory

- SDM/program/version.txt

- SDM/program/log/* from Dec 8th

Best regards,

Petar

JSPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Petar,

thank you for your answer. I think that i have a mistake. Before i know the think with the update of the jspm to a higher version, i have try to install the packages over sdm directly. So i have now packages with version: SP06 and SP10. Could this the problem? - I will now install the was and the ep new with SP06 and then i will make a new try to update to SP10.

Regards, Ralf

0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Since NW2004s JSPM is the official tool for applying Java support packages. You should not use SDM unless explicitly instructed to do so.

Actually update of single components is the most common reason for problems because it leads to inconsistent system state.

Recommended way to update your systen is by applying complete support package stacks using JSPM. For more information see SAP note 884537.

So, is your system currently up and running?

Please, send the files I've requested above.

Best regards,

Petar

JSPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Petar,

i have new install the was and the ep with SR1 (SP06) -> NW2004s - so the ep is running fine now again - Puh!! . But if i want upgrade this platform to SP10 i got the same error message from JSPM:

com.sap.sdm.is.cs.filetransfer.common.CmdFileTransferResponse

I will send you the logs to your email-adress.

I have open parallel a sap oss-message to your colleagues Mr. szladovics, andras

JSPM hangs on during Check Queue wizard step ( 0000912655/2006 )

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ralf