cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File Scenario --continued

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is continuation to my other thread File to File. I just want to create another thread for it. Below is the problem i'm facing.

I'm trying simple File to File scenario. I've created and activated all data types, message types, message mapping, message Interfaces in Integration Repository. In the Integration Directory I configured all collaboration profiles, agreements. Still my interface is not working. I looked at the communication channel in adapter monitoring in runtime workbench, and it shows fileInputCC processed the input file successfully but fileOutputCC is still waiting for the input. And i dont see any message in the SXMB_MONI. Could you guys let me know how to debug the issue?

Thanks,

Archana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna -- Message monitoring shows system error after some time. looks like some problem with integration server/engine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still my problem is not solved. And I guess there is some problem with XI server. I dont see any messages in SXMB_MONI since last 2, 3 days. How do I make sure that all components of XI configured and running properly? i'm not talking about my scenario, but XI engine and components itself.

Is there any check list which I can make sure that XI is installed and configured properly.

Thanks,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archana,

We have a weblog which shows how to verify XI Components. Please go through this:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/02/21/verifying-xi-components

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1688 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

---Satish

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to RWB-->Component Monitoring and check the status of each components like, Integration Server, Adapter Engine, mapping Engine etc, by clicking on the icon.. It should not give you Red...

Also you can go thru XI Readiness check , includes, Transaction SLDCHECK, SXMB_ADM-->Check the XI box is having correct pipeline url..

Also go to SLD>Business system>Integration Server and check the pipeline URL.. It should be http://<XI Server>:<http port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

Make sure that , you are using http port in the above i,e 8xxx , you can get this port information from SMICM Transaction>Goto>Services..

Regds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna -- I checked SLDCHECK and it looks fine.

SMICM --> Goto --> Services shows the http port as 8005.

But i didnt understand the other things u said like in SXMB_ADM where should i check that XI is having correct pipeline url.

Also u said go to SLD>Business system>Integration Server and check the pipeline URL.. It should be http://<XI Server>:<http port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

but i didnt find SLD --> Business System ---> Integration Server.. Could you tell how do i check this.

Thanks,

Archana

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the SLD-->Business System -- you can find one business system with the name of your XI box (it is commona usage) and it will be as a <i>Integration Server</i>.. check this entry in the List of business systems..

Then check the url.. If this url is correct, same url should be visible in the SXMB_ADM>Integration Engine Configuration>you can see, Role as Integration Server and Corresponding url entry should be ,,...same url as in the SLD-->business system..

btw, are you able to see, any error message in the message monitoring-->Message display tool

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna -- In the SXMB_ADM the pipeline url looks fine. But I didnt see any SLD --> Business system ---> Integration Server or may be i missed it since there are so many business systems created. Its a sandbox environment so lot of people created lot of business systems.

In the Component monitoring, under Integration Server, Integration Engine and Business process engine are in yellow while mapping runtime and adapter engine are in green.

Thanks,

Archana

former_member185845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Archana,

I am not sure whether you got the solution or not.

Few steps may be helpful

<u>Folder options :</u>check whether the sender folder is having all the r/w/d access.

<u>check whether the file is picked from the sender folder and deleted.

Adapter:</u>

Check your FTP specific properties in adapter configuration.

In adapter ,use the mode as delete, so that we can make sure the file is picked up.

Are you using any content conversion if so, check the filed names and thier sequence.

After making sure the message is picked up.

It goes to AFW,then creating message/queue does take place, then it contacts IE

using url then only it goes to IE(and the message can be seen in sxmb_moni).

Check the message flow in Audit log. I think you can trace it down what has happened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Try to troubleshoot as follows -

1) Check your configuration in Integration Directory. Go to menu Tools > Test Configuration. Enter the details, test XML message, and see whether you get all green checkmarks.

2) Check whether you have correctly mentioned the source path in the sender file channel.

Are you using FTP or NFS protocol ?

3) Since SXMB_MONI doesn't show message, that means message is not correctly sent to Integration Engine due to the possible error given in point 2 above.

Try sending the source XML message from Runtime Workbench. And then check in either Message Monitoring of Runtime Workbench or in SXMB_MONI.

4) Similarly confirm target address in the receiver file channel, where you wish to place the file.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar -- how do I get testXML message? Its reading from flat file and i dont know what XML message to give there. Can you tell me how can i get sample XML?

I'm using FTP and Source path is right since file is getting moved into archive directory And In adapter monitoring communication channel FileInputCC is showing "processes successfully". After that there is no clue whats happening. I guess something wrong in some XI configuration/Integration Engine configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

The simplest way to get test xml message (i.e. the message that is being sent by the source file) is from Message mapping.

1) Go to your Message Mapping

2) Click on 'Test' tab

3) Enter any dummy data you wish in the source structure at left

4) Click on button named 'SRC' just above the source message that you populated. It will give you XML representation of your message.

Normally a button with 'grid lines' symbol (near 'SRC' button) is pressed, hence we see the hirerarchical tree structure of source message.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the queue status.

Check in your receiver determination, Inbound Interface, Interface Mapping and

receiver aggrement.

if still not working, check the target directory and file name in FileOut_CC.

reg.,

Yallabandi

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Archana,

Few things to check,

1. In SXMB_MONI is the timestamp correct? maybe the time stamp is different and so the message are nto being displayed?

2. use the Message Display Tool to see if the file is picked etc etc .

http://server:port/MessagingSytem/monitor/monitor.jsp

3. Make the file mode as DELETE in the sender file adapter and then see if the file is deleted or not, and check if there is a message in MONI,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Yes, time stamp is correct. But i wonder one thing. I dont see any messages in the SXMB_MONI since last 2 days and I see many messages in errored stage im Message monitoring. So, I guess there is something problem with Adapter engine/ Integration server or XI configuration itself?

File is getting deleted from input directory and is getting moved to archive directory. So I guess inputFileCC is working fine but after that no clue whats happeneing.

Archana

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Archana,

Okie, forget MONI.

Go to Message Monitoring, in Messages From Component --> Make it Integration Serevr and then see if your message is there. If yes, check what the error is and let us know.!

Regards,

Bhavesh