cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master data for demand planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guru's,

what is the master data for dp, from were we get & how BI is helpful in this.

BW integration to apo dp.pls help me out

with regards,

chinni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinni,

Master data for APO-DP is essentially Characteristic-Value-Combinations. Normally for APO-DP statistical forecasting you need Sales History. This is extracted from a suitable source (CRM or ERP) and loaded in an infocube in APO-BW. You can generate CVCs from this History data infocube.

Please check the syntax of your question. It is ambiguous and not clear for someone to understand and answer suitably.

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

pls clear my doubt about dp master data. from bw or r/3 we get the data.how bw is linked to apo.

with regards,

chinni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinni,

As i understand your question, you are trying to understand how BW is Linked to APO;

BW Comes integrated within the APO system. But, i guess your question is more of how can we use BW system to generate something as Master data for APO system.

As Somnath mentioned, master data for DP is Character Value Combinations.

Basic Example: For a Product named P1, there is a Forecast of Quantity 100 at location L1.

In the Demand Planning tool, when you want to see what is the Forecast for this P1 at L1, APO system initially look whether there is an entry in the CVC table for this combination of (P1 and L1) ; This combination record of (p1 and L1) becomes the DP Master data in this scenario.

I guess you understand how to Load data into BW Info Cubes ; So, once you are ready with this record (P1 , L1 , Quantity 100) in any of your BW Info Cubes, APO system has some programs to generate these CVC's (master data) for all the records present in the info cube.

The transaction code for generating CVC's from an Info Cube is /SAPAPO/MC62 ;

Let me know if you want more explanation.

Thanks,

prvn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank u so much,60% of my doubt is cleared.I want to understand from r/3 master data to bw cubes how we will get data eg: loc, material in bw cubes.We upload manually in bw by flat files or through cif.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your ultimate aim is to transfer master data from R/3 to APO then the right approach will be CIF. Go ahead and Create Integration Models by choosing suitable options and activate it. You may do it for a single material or a singe plant first to understand the concept.

On the other hand if you have master data in a flat file, you can still do a data load to the BW info object.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinni,

Using CIF you can transfer location-products from R/3 to APO. This master data can then be used in Demand Planning if you are using 9ALOCNO and 9AMATNR as characteristics for location and products.

However the basic master data for Demand Planning is CVCs (characteristic-value-combinations) which needs to be generated or manually created.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have different kind of CIF to load the data from R/3 to BW every day e.g.BI_BTCH_MATERIAL_ATTTR_DELTA_BW (Extractor), BI_BTCH_MATERIAL_ATTTR_DELTA_BW (Extractor),

BI_BTCH_MATERIAL_ATTTR_DELTA_BW (Extractor)

etc. this CIF is defined for each key figure to laod the BW every day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinni,

Data from R/3 to BIW is transfered through LIS, LO-CockPit's Info Structures.

This is how the flow goes on....

The transactions that are executed in R/3 are stored in the background tables.

Data from these tables will be copied to the info Structures(LIS, Lo-Cock Pits).

A data source is generated basing on the infostructure.

Data source is then replicated to BI, The Data from the data sources is then copied to Info Cube.

Once the data is there in your Infocube,

you create Characteristics value combinations and then transfer the data from the Info Cube into the Planning Area.

Once you are done with demand planning, you can either transfer the data to SNP or the demand management in R/3.

If you are not planning to use LIS Structures, then you can download the data from the R/3 Tables to an excel sheet and upload them into BI.

The transaction code for creation of LIS Structures is: MC21

If you have a seperate BI server(Apart from one in APO), it is best pratice to load data into the BI server and then transfer the data to APO BI.

Let me know if you have any more questions regarding this.

Best Regards

Raghu Kishore V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sexy explantion Raghu, This is how cute and crisp i expect the help documentation to be on all topics.

Thanks

Lok

Answers (0)