cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i make my server running in the disconnected mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

How can i make my server running in the disconnected mode, i e as a standalone system. I tried using lookback adapters but the SDM fails to start.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navigate to the usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE_NAME>/SDM/program directory of your J2EE Engine.

Open a command prompt in this directory.

a. To remove the link between the SDM and the Java Control Framework execute the following command in the command line:

sdm jstartup "mode=standalone" for Windows

sdm.sh jstartup mode=standalone for UNIX

b. To integrate the SDM in the Java Control Framework, use the following command:

sdm jstartup "mode=integrated" for Windows

sdm.sh jstartup mode=integrated for UNIX

Start the SDM Server again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this solution, But it is not working. My server fails to start., In the process list jcontrol is stopped.

Thanks & Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Samuel,

First Question - Is this installation running on Windows or Unix. If it is running on Windows i have one answer for you.

Try to install the Microsoft Virtual Loopback Network Adaptor and assign any IP Address, and start the server. This should work, if not disable all the adaptors except Microsoft Loop-back adaptor and try it.

(FYI : This is not the loop-back adaptor 127.0.0.1)

Procedure to create the Microsoft Loop-Back Network Adaptor:

Goto ControlPanel --> Select "Yes i already connected the hardware" --> Add new Hardware Device --> Install hardware which i manualy select from list --> Network Adaptors -->

then on the Leftside panel select Microsoft and on the right side -> select Microsoft Loopback adaptor and finish it.

If it prompts, you may need to provide the OS CD's.

you are done with the Adaptor installation. then goto controlpanel, double click network connections and select the Microsoft adaptor and assign the IP address, and add this in you hosts file. ( "c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" )

It worked for me, when i tried, and once i faced problem with connecting to external nw etc. you have to try various options.

GoodLuck.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

please be more precise what you are talking about. I only can assume that you mean you want to disconnect the SDM server. Please don't! Or give me a valif reason for this, as I never have seen one...

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a solution built using Sap Netweaver. I have it onn my laptop. But i am able to work on it only, when my laptop is connected to some network in the lan. When i disconnect it from LAN, my server is not detected by the Netweaver studio(IDE) and also my my server stops when i see it in the MMC.

I want to have my server running and detected in netweaver IDE, when it is still not connected to the network. This is my exact requirement. Now can u help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this out

Install Microsoft loopback adapter and set Static IP address for it( ex: 192.xx.xx.xx) and give this IP address in hosts file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc like

SAPGLOBALHOST <ip address of loop back adapter>

save it.

restart the server

Please let me know if it helps

Regards,

Phani