cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying simple File to File scenario. I've created and activated all data types, message types, message mapping, message Interfaces in Integration Repository. In the Integration Directory I configured all collaboration profiles, agreements. Still my interface is not working. I looked at the communication channel in adapter monitoring in runtime workbench, and it shows fileInputCC processed the input file successfully but fileOutputCC is still waiting for the input. And i dont see any message in the SXMB_MONI. Could you guys let me know how to debug the issue?

Thanks,

Archana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SXMB_MONI and check for the messages.. If there is no messages, then go to RWB-->Message Monitoring and check the status..

probably some error may be there to reach the message into XI pipeline..

If you are using latest versions, you can see message id in the communication channel monitoring (RWB>Component Monitoring>Adapter Monitorin-->Communication Channel Monitoring), clicking on that will take you into Message Display tool with detailed explanation

Regards,

moorthy

Answers (16)

Answers (16)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm closing this thread here. we'll continue in my other thread. I've awared points for krishna, prashant and shankar in this thread and closing it.

Thanks guys

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai -- This is what I see in Message monitoring --> Display is

Adapter Engine System Error 07.12.2006 18:16:00 07.12.2006 18:31:00 A001_KS_BS urn://file2file1 FileInput_MI

Basically Adapter engine is showing System Error. How do I get more details about this error. I clicked details button but i diidnt get any

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sheetal.

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archana,

Sorry, I dint look into the thread from the begining, while I gave my previous reply.

Now, you have to look into Message Display tool as Krishna has mentioned.

The path for Message display tool is : RWB -- > Message Monitoring --> Choose Integration Server and select the appropriate time and then start. You will find the reqd info here. There should be an error msg. Post us the error msg for more help.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar -- Yes I specified receiver info in receiver determination. I dont know whether you followed the thread from beginning. My file to file scenario is not working I need help debugging it. Its running fine from sender side since i see FileInputCC is processes successfully. Then FIleOutputCC is just waiting for the message to come. And I dont find anything in SXMB_MONI. So, looks like messsage is not coming to integration engine. Message monitoring shows as adapter engine is waiting and getting System error after some time. So, I would appreciate if you can help me debugging it.

Thanks,

Sheetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

But in Sender agreement its not giving me permission for entering receiver info. those fields are disabled. So, how do I enter that info. Did i miss any step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archana,

You should enter the receiver details only in "Receiver determination". In sender agreement you will specify only

1. sender service

2. Sender Interface

3. Sender Interface name space

4. Sender commn channel

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

You can have multiple receivers but only one receiver determination.( Since one sender agreement can be associated with only one recv. determination)

cheers,

Prashanth

Message was edited by:

Prashanth Azharuddin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant -- If you have multiple receivers for the message, how would u specify it in sender agreement then? Am I missing anything here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

You would need to specify your receiver service in your sender agreement right?

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna -- There is no message display tool link.

I checked SMQ2 and I see there are 11 quere in there. What else i need to check there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna -- I dont see the link Message Monitoring-->Message Display tool and Audit log...How do I check what service pack XI is running on?

Also, In the message monitoring when i filtered on my Business System, I see there are around 150 messages which have status of 'System Error' as you said.

But I put the file only 3 times. So, does that mean XI is retrying the message again and again? how do we stop them?

Still not seeing any message in SXMB_MONI.

Any new thoughts?

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna -- in SMQR transaction there are around 20 queues but looks like they are not active. It says scheduler status Inactive and number of active connections as zero. Is it ok or somehting not configured properly.

Prashant -- In the sender agreement, I specified only sender interface, business system and name space and i didnt specify any receiver there. But In the receiver agreement, i specified sender Busines system and receiver interface, business system and name space. Is this right or am I missing anything?

Archana

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scheduler status Inactive is ok... No problem..

Did you check the Message display tool? also check SMQ2 ...

Rgds,Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

I suggest you check your receiver agreement again. My hunch is that it is invorrectly configured.

All the best!

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna -- in Message monitoring it shows as

Adapter Engine Waiting 07.12.2006 18:16:00 07.12.2006 18:16:00 A001_KS_BS urn://file2file1 FileInput_MI

Adapter monitoring shows that inputCC has processes the file and i could the file deleted from input and moved to archive.

I checked SMQR transaction and there are so many queues registered. What should i check in there? how to make sure that queues are properly registered?

Thanks,

Archana

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think after sometime it may go fto System Error status...

Check the Message Monitoring-->Message Display tool and Audit log...

btw, are you able to see any link in the RWB>Adapter Monitoring>Communication CHannel moonitoring.. ( if we click this option, it will ask you to filter the channels and then you can check each channels..) to check the error easily...:)

If you don;t see any messages in the SXMB_MONI, then message has not reached XI Integration Server from the adapter engine.. So XI pipeline problem may be there

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant -- Receiver channel says 'No message processing until now'.

Looks like it didnt receive the file at all.

Satsih -- Sender channel processed the file successfully. I have archive directory where the file will go after being processed. I could see the file got deleted from input directory and I could see the file in archive directory.

Now, may be something may be wrong in my configuration.

I have used same Business System for both sender and receiver communication channel. Is that right or do I need to use separate Busniess Systems for sender and Receiver?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Archana

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>I have used same Business System for both sender and receiver communication channel. Is that right or do I need to use separate Busniess Systems for sender and Receiver?</i>

>>>This is Ok.. No problem.. Did you check as I told ? i.e Message Monitoring..

Probably the error may be pipeline url etc

Also hope that, all message queues are registered.. check this in the SMQR transaction

Rgds,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archana,

Since you dont see any message in SXMB_MONI then there might be a problem in sender communication channel only. Can you please check once again adapter monitoring by giving your communication channel.

Also check whether the file what you are picking is there in the location or not? If the file is there please check the permissions also?

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

What does it say in the adapter monitoring for your receiver channel?

Check this also..

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Hope this helps!

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers