cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coping the existing scenario in IR and ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

thnak you every one, at last we have tested scenario(RFC, SOAP) in XI-Dev, message process is successful, 98% credit goes to SDN users,basically i don't know any thing about XI, I'm an abaper now i think i know some thing about XI, waw i have never seen such a super active forum, i thank every individual in XI forum, last but not least, i want to copy the existing scenario in XI Dev and back up existing scenario in PRD, if some thing happens i want to go back to old scenario in PRD, while coping the scenario, do i need to change all the interface names, could any one tell me how to copy the scenario in IR and ID.

best wishes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is always prefer to take backup by exporting the Repository objects and the directory objects..

If you observe, you can see these imported objects in the imported folder-->import files directory..i.e after successful import, all files will be stored in that directory..

Anyway you can take up the back again with export functionality..

If you want to copy Repository objects , then you need to copy one-by-one.. Need to copy all individual objects for the different SWC/Namespace.. Lots of conflicts may occur, like message type will refer old namespace etc,,

Here it is very careful,,

Rgds,

Moorthy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gayatri,

You could export the software component in which your scenario is in, as TPZs, and keep them in your local directory. In case you need the scenario again, just import them back into your prod.

Hope this helps!

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gayatri,

This weblog shows how to export and the location where you get the TPZ file:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

GG,

Your question basically turns out to be exporting a scenario from DEV to PROD.

Of CMS and FTP what will u b using for this?

FTP will exporting the files and importing them in the corresponding environments.

CMS - has it been configured?

Thanks and Reg,

-naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gayatri,

If you want to backup the existing solution you could export developments objects from IR and scenarios from ID and keep a copy of those files.

In case of need (hope never ) you could reimport those files in the productive environment.

Hope this answer your question.

Kind Regards,

Sergio

PS: in this way you do not need to rename interfaces in your scenario