cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS Extended Transport Control

murray_lahn
Participant
0 Kudos

Anyone ever used the Extended Transport Control in STMS? The team at my current project wants to setup a client landscape like this (not the complete diagram)...

DEV100 >--+----+--> QA100 >-----> PROD100
          |    |
DEV110 <--+    +--> QA120
          |    |
DEV120 <--+    +--> QA121
               |
               +--> QA700

When a transport is released in DEV100, it will go to some of the clients in DEV and QA all the time, but in other clients it will be in a more controlled manner (e.g., on demand only).

I've always done multi-client transports at the o/s level using customized scripts etc to import into various clients, however since this client will be using ECC 5.00 and BW 3.5 (and Solution Manager 3.1) I'd like to get them setup from the start with the STMS functionality. It appears to me that I need to use the TMS Extended Transport Control, and I'm just wondering if anyone has a) any experience with it (both positive and negative), and b) any quick start-type information on how to configure TMS for a setup similar to the above.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did it work. I guess you were looking for automated transports from your client 100 to client 110 and client 120. IF you have the steps can you please forward it to me.

Thanks

Guang

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created 3 following client ids.200, ids.300, and ids.400 in my IDES system with the SAP-USER profile.

Login to 000 client with SAP* user for the following configuration in the Transport Management System, STMS---go to Overview click on the Transport route, Your TMS configuration will be display in the center window if done.

Press F5 or click on Pencil Icon to switch to Configuration editing mode, Click on Edit menu then click on the Transport Target Group to define the multiple client of single or multiple system which exists in your landscape.

I will prefer to work on Hierarchical list Editor Mode instead of Graphic mode, to change from graphic mode to Hierarchical, go to setting menu click on transport route editor and select the Hierarchical List Editor Mode, setting will take effect to go to back and click on transport route again.

You have to Switch Editing mode before continue to define the consolidate route, go to Edit Menu, Transport Route and click on Create, Transport route window will display with the Consolidate / Deliver route options. Select the Consolidate Route and click on Extended Transport Control (F6) button down.

Integration system …..Will be your current or development system as source system

Transport Layer………Enter the default layer which has been created with your integration system.

Consolidation Target…Select your target group which created earlier.

Save the Configuration, activate and distribute the configuration across all systems.

Your system is ready to transport the requests to multiple systems and multiple clients

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BAISS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in that situation.I have configured STMS with

workflow features but once developer releases he

has to login or adminstrator has to login to push

approval button from STMS->WORKLIST in order for

import to occur.Is there way to automate further

so that transport to all clients occurs in DVL