cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change start transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible, without modifications, to globally change the initial start transaction from the SAP Easy Access Menu to a custom transaction code?

In other words, I do not want to load any of the area menus like SMEN or SESSION_MANAGER when a user first logs in. Please note - I do not want to use an area menu at all. I need to use a transaction that runs a custom program.

Obviously you can use SAPGui shortcuts to load an initial transaction, but that is not an option for me - I need to set some sort of global setting if possible.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Profile parameter 'start_menu' sets the default logon menu. It is usually defined in the DEFAULT profile. You can set this in transaction RZ10.

This can be overridden on a user level via their user master default start menu entry.

I hope this helps,

Mike.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

In the initial screen ( i.e. SESSION_MANAGER) you can navigate to

EXTRAS -> SET TRANSACTION - > and in the SET TRANSACTION : you can set your required T-Code , then logoff and login again

thats it , I hope this will solve

If you find any alternative please let me know ..

regards

Ravi Kumar Bejugam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike - Thanks for your quick reply - I have been trying this but it seems that this only applies for Area Menu's - Am i right? If so this is not what I am looking for - I need to start a normal transaction code hat calls a custom program... Thanks though!

Ravi - Thanks but this is not a global setting and we can't trust that the users will set the required transaction as their start transaction. I might look at writing an ABAP to automatically set the start transactions for all users by updating table AGR_DATEU. All that is required is a record for each user with "START_TCD" in the ID field and the transaction name in the REPORTS field.

Still hoping for a cleaner approach though if anyone knows of one...?