cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc receiver - why should one register with the SAP gateway?

Former Member
0 Kudos

.NETters,

From SAP .NET documentation on SAP IDoc reciver, the external .NET program has to register with the SAP gateway. I am a little bit confused. Why should I tie my application up with a specific SAP server? As a business, I imagine it is better to have the ability to receive documents from any customer, not just one.

Thank you in advance for enlightening me.

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

how are you doing ?

>> From SAP .NET documentation on SAP IDoc reciver, the external .NET program has to register with the SAP gateway.

>> I am a little bit confused. Why should I tie my application up with a specific SAP server?

for a SAP program to be able to access external functionality, it will first be required to be registered with the gateway. this gives it a definite pointer on where the target system (which is external) exists

>>As a business, I imagine it is better to have the ability to receive documents from any customer, not just one.

the idea is to receive authenticated IDocs from recognized sources, as these will directly modify the data in your ERP system. to avoid the equivalent of spam which has the possibility of modifing core data )

with respect,

amit

Answers (0)