cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample IDoc receiver does not connect...

Former Member
0 Kudos

.NETters,

SAP .NET Connector documentation states:

"Unlike client applications, no user name and password is required to register a server on the SAP gateway. Instead, the program ID, gateway host, gateway service and code page must be provided. Once the server is registered on the gateway inside the SAP system, it can be accessed from SAP programs."

If I understand this correctly, I do not need to add any configuration settings on the SAP server to bring up my .NET RFC/tRFC server application.

Our test SAP server is running on a machine called Test15. I am using the following command line parameter when running the sample IDoc receiver code that ships with the .NET connector:

-aMyTest  -xSAPGW00 -gtest15

Here, "MyTest" is just a unique id that I am assigning. I don't know what SAPGW00 is for but I am using it anyways.

When I run the program, the application starts running and does not report any error. I assume that the application is now registered with the SAP server on Test15.

The documentation further states:

"For TRFC servers you also have the TRFC monitor (SM58)."

When I bring up this transaction, by default the "Display period" is picked up as today's date. When I execute the transaction, it does not return any results.

Another part of the documentation states:

"After your program is running, use the SAP gateway monitor (transaction SMGW) to verify that your .NET program is registered."

I tried this transaction but it does not show any results either.

Can someone please tell me if I missed something?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

How are you doing ?

>>"After your program is running, use the SAP gateway monitor (transaction SMGW) to verify that your .NET program is registered."

>>I tried this transaction but it does not show any results either.

if the gateway is not showing any results, that would definitely mean that the server program has not been registered.

Please follow the guide :

Registering Server Programs with the SAP Gateway

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/22/0429aa488911d189490000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

If you still have problems in registering, please describe the error message

SAPGW00 is the gateway entry in the services file

a bit more on gateway here:

with respect,

amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pradeep,

How are you doing ?

Thank you for the points compensation )

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Thank you for your help.

For those who have run into this problem, it turns out that the documentation is not exactly right. You DO have to create an RFC destination first. Use transaction sm59.

There is also a "Test Connection" button that you can try. Make sure that your .NET listener is up and running

Pradeep