cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS Track configuration does not save after removal of runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are having problem to save CMS track configuration after removing a runtime which was taken away from us and is not recoverable. The CMS track config was not updated prior to this and we can no longer make track adjustments due to the old DEV runtime sys not being available. Does anyone have similar issue and know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the exact error that you're getting?

In my opinion you should always be able to remove a runtime system, whether it's reachable or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

error: Server icux1920.d52.lilly.com did not accept login request as admin on port 51018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server icux1920.d52.lilly.com at port 51018: Connection refused#

My understanding for removing the runtime is whatever it is available or not, CMS should remove it. Now CMS doesn't save any change made to the track.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you remove the runtime system from the track's runtime systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

tried to remove the runtime, but failed to save. The default trace log showed that error message.

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yong,

maybe there are some outstanding deployments in the TCS Deployer Queue which the CMS tries to deploy before the system is removed.

Can you select the "Disable automatic deployment" checkbox and save the track then?

Regards Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

SAP delivered a patch, we deployed it, and fixed. Now we are able to remove the runtime, and save the CMS adjustment. However the buildspace contains no DCs. This was caused by "save and restore" previous attempt to save the CMS configuration. I only see two requests in Queued state by NWDI_CMSADM, how do I get the buildspace container restored?

Thanks!

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yong,

try the "Initialize Compartment" button at the "Build Compartment" tab of the CBS Web UI. I´m not sure that this helps but I can image it because this creates the complete buildspace from scratch.

Regards Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hm.. "initialize compartment" is probably not sufficient if there are no archives at all in the build space. It will help if archives are imported (i.e. there are DCs in archive compartments) and there's some issue with building DCs in source compartments.

If there are no DCs at all in the buildspace you should probably restore the system state from CMS first.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

There were two queued requests in the buildspace, after processed them, now the buildspace shows total 422 DCs, and 422 Broken DCs. It is much less than before (620 plus). All the DCs metadata show in red, half of their usage show in red too. The current track was built on NW SP8 and ESS SP5. The server was upgraded to NW SP9, we are trying to get our modification on SP5 assembled and move to new SP6 track.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any DCs in the JTECHS/JEE/SAPBUILDT compartments? I think that would account for roughly 200 DCs and absence of these DCs would also explain why everything is broken.

If they are indeed missing reimport them from CMS.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed there was no any DCs in the JTECHS/JEE/SAPBUILDT compartments. Last night we re-imported these three SCs. Now the track shows total 681 DCs, but thare are 106 broken DCs with error in the build log:

Ant build finished with ERRORS

The following error occurred while executing this line:

/usr/sap/DID/CBS/55/.B/89342/DCs/sap.com/ess/ar/bank/cfg/_comp/gen/default/logs/build.xml:80: Error converting file Texts_en.xlf

Error: Build stopped due to an error: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/usr/sap/DID/CBS/55/.B/89342/DCs/sap.com/ess/ar/bank/cfg/_comp/gen/default/logs/build.xml:80: Error converting file Texts_en.xlf

Build plugin finished at 2006-12-12 17:56:12 GMT-05:00 (EST)

Total build plugin runtime: 7.558 seconds

Build finished with ERROR

Anyone seen this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've seen something similar but with SP7. I think it was some resource problem. Can you try to trigger a rebuild just for one single broken DC when CBS is not under heavy load?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marc,

I did a single broken DC rebuild a couple of times, but no luck. One customer message from SAP on this is ESS SP6 upgrade fix this issue. We upgraded the server to SP9 with ESS SP6 imported to a new track, it still has broken DCs but different error message in the build log. Now we are in the process rebuild the SP6 track buildspace container, re-import required software (SAP-JEE, SAP_JTECHES, DI_BUILDT, EP_BUILDT), I don't have the build.log information anymore. Will post it once I have.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have the latest patch version for the nw04s SP09 EP_BUILDT? SAP recently released a patch for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Pascal pointed out: use the patch for EP_BUILDT. If you have the original unpatched version you will get lots of broken DCs because of wrong ACLs.

It will not fix the xlf conversion issue, but it may solve a lot of the other broken DCs.

Is it possible to build the DC using NWDS? (In other words: is the problem limited to CBS?) If not, perhaps the Error view in the studio might show more details.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this SP5 track, we have not imported SP9 required SCs (SAPJEE, SAPJTECHS, SAPBUILDT, EP_BUILDT). but we did imported them (SP8 version) with patches. We imported most current SP9 patches to the new SP6 track. We want to move our development on the SP5 track to assemble it, then imported to the new SP6 track based SAP XSS cookbook.

We are not able to assemble released activities with broken DCs on the SP5 track. I look a DC for ess/au/fam/cfg, Build.log still shows xlf conversion error:

Ant runtime 4.295 seconds

Ant build finished with ERRORS

The following error occurred while executing this line:

/usr/sap/DID/CBS/61/.B/90062/DCs/sap.com/ess/au/fam/cfg/_comp/gen/default/logs/build.xml:80: Error converting file Texts_tr.xlf

Error: Build stopped due to an error: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/usr/sap/DID/CBS/61/.B/90062/DCs/sap.com/ess/au/fam/cfg/_comp/gen/default/logs/build.xml:80: Error converting file Texts_tr.xlf

Build plugin finished at 2006-12-13 19:30:41 GMT-05:00 (EST)

Total build plugin runtime: 6.794 seconds

Build finished with ERROR

Not sure if you can force it assembled even with this broken DCs as we have not touched this xlf.

Please let me know if you find something similar to us from other customers.

Thans!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Build from NWDS is fine, developer was able to activate and release his activites.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Weird, I'd definitely open an OSS message for this.

In your second log the symptom is the same, but the files are different. Since the issue is limited to CBS I would suspect resource problems, but you already wrote that a single DC build did not work either.

The only thing that I can think of to perhaps find the problem is to increase the log severity/level of the build log. To do that for a single DC you can create a "cfg" folder for that DC (in the _comp root folder) and put a file named build.properties there with a single line

loglevel=verbose

. Check in and activate. That way Ant should dump the full stacktrace of the final exception in the build log.

Regarding Force Assembly: the SCAs created by force assembly will not contain deploy or build archives for the broken DCs. If you only want to do an assembly to transport sources that may be sufficient, but I'd ask SAP for advice here.

Regards,

Marc