cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordset per Message and then group again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Advise would be aprreciated for the following issue we are having on a productive environment.

The interface gets a 3.4MB file from a FTP server, performa a mapping and then saves a new file to the receiver ftp server.

Sometimes, we get an error because the xml message that the AE sends to the IE does not contains all the information as the flat file. It seems that it runs out of resources and does not finish the xml transformation process.

I have read several post in the SDN and even sap notes, about using the Recordset per Message option. However, this way I get a lot of IE messages but, also a lot of files in the FTP server and I only need 1. Is there any way I can split them to avoid this issue and then put them all together again? I don't like the "Append option".

Thanks and kind regards,

David Encinas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

While creating the file in the target, in your receiver file adapter make the mode as APPEND instead of create. Now, this will append the content to the target file as needed and so you will have onyl a single file.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

We already considered that option but, in case any of the new message fails (the one we get after the split process) fails we could have some troubles. See for example:

We send files to a 3rd party that has it's own application that searchs for the file we send, and it does so once per day. If we resent the failed messages after this program has run, it will miss the data until next day. However, if we just send one fie, in case of fail, it won't send anything and the other company won't start working untill we send the whole order and that's why we can't use this option.

Thanks for you help!

Encinas

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Makes sense! My solution would not help in that case.

Thanks for the detailed update. Always is nice to hear the logic behing the choice of solutions.!

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What I have found is that, XI sometimes, tries to get the file before even, the file has been completely created and so, it does not get all the information.

Adding the "Advance Mode" fixed this issue.

Thanks for your help!

Encinas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Using split you can achive your requirement.

First create the Structure as per your Source Format.

If your structure has different Sub structure , create for each substructure at the target end.

do the massage mapping in message tab source one message type , target multiple messages...do the same thing in Interface mapping .(Here select source and targets occurence 1 only)

create the Integration Process (BPM)..once receive the message you can validate the message using Switch statement , once condtion has satisfied then use the Transformation step (1:n) and then message use many Send steps.

You can create multiple files with same locations.

I had done same thing for my req....

Reagads,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Have you tried to use the approach what is given in the weblog:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I will read that blog and see if it works. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks!