cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does it mean to identify interfaces that hard code mapping values...

For example what does the following statement ask you to do?

"identify any interfaces that hard-code mapping values for Plant (field WERKS = CA01)?"

also that last part for plant?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

<i>>>identify any interfaces that hard-code mapping values for Plant (field WERKS = CA01)?"</i>

I guess they are asking you to find those interfaces to which the source value field for PLANT ( WERKS) is hard mapped to CA01.

Hope this answers your question.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok so you say it is mapping the target fields to a constant...

would that be using a UDF or Constant or both?

Also what about the Plant part to that request... any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Hardcoding in general means that u r trying the type in the value, which otherwise taken automatically or some other source.

To put in the mapping terms, to hardcode will be mapping to a constant and entering the corresponding value.

Hope this helps.

reg,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

in this case you would just use a constant field and you will assign that constant to the target field "Plant".

Alex, note that in general you should avoid the use of user defined function and try to look if you could get the same result using standard "blocks" (for example because mapping with code inside, like udf, are more complicated to mantain and require coding knowledge).

This is for sure harder at the beginning because you don't know all the possible blocks and how to use and combine them, but at the end this is the added value of an XI developer (for mapping topics).

In some cases you cannot avoid the use of user defined functions, just my hint would be do not start from that point.

Hope this help you!

Kind Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Hard code a value means, mapping it to a constant value.

cheers,

Prashanth