cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing SAP landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wondering if anyone has used Hyperformix for sizing/capacity planning. I am interested to hear about the experience, assessment, viability, etc. of that tool to do sizing and capacity planning for SAP landscape.

Is it only for capacity planning of modules/functionalities?

Can it be used for sizing new modules/functionalities without QuickSizer?

Is it or can it be a replacement of QuickSizer?

Responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Noël.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Noel,

you can not compare the Hyperformix Optimizer with the SAP Quicksizer.

With the SAP Quicksizer you can make hardwareestimations, if only business informations are availible and no system and no implementation of a process in a system is availible.

The Hyperformix Optimizer is load generation tool and analysation tool, which tries to analyse a situation of low load (test system) and forecasts this situation modeldriven to a high load (productive system).

You have to implement the process before you can run it.

On the other hand such tools have the advantage, that they

measue the exact requirements for your specific sceanrio.

The tried forcast (Hyperformix says 90 % model accurancy (whatever this means)), may also be an advantage, because it bases on the customer specific situation (customer specific coding, customizing).

Best regards.

QS developer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

Normally the sizing is performed by the SAP Hardware Partners depending of usage planned for the SAP Product.

Each hardware partner (IBM, Sun Microsystem, Silicon Graph, HP, etc) have their own tool to perform the sizing, however SAP offer the QuickSizer as a reference because we understood that each project need a budget, so the Sizer will let you know the number of SAPs that you need to run an SAP Product.

At the end the HW partnert will use their own tool (because they know their product better)

You can find nice documentation about in <a href="http://service.sap.com/sizing">Sizing Area</a> on SAP Service Marketplace.

HTH

Regards, Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Luis for your response however I was looking for an account on the usage of the Hyperformix tool based on experience.

I currently use a process that include the usage of the QuickSizer tool (for SAP) and my hw provider (for resource rqmts), but I was looking for information on how Hyperformix may fit into the whole process.

Thanks

Noël.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The HyPerformix IPS Performance Optimizer product provides sizing and capacity planning insight for SAP landscapes, including R/3 and NetWeaver. QuickSizer input is not required, and either existing or new modules/platforms are supported as well as hardware and workload changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karen

Can you comment about experience, lessons learned, etc. in your usage of the tool?