cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Trail, what is default? Impact on performance and diskspace?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am wondering how audit trail works? cant really seem to find any good documentation on it.

Is some audit trail turned on by default? or is it totally set to 0 to start with.

What kind of impact on performance will Audit trail have?

How much diskspace will Audit trail use?

Ofcourse this probably will depend on how much and what transaction we turn it on for, but is there somewhere you can find information regarding this?

Thanks

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

We are developing one Z transaction on execution populates some Z tables based on certain rules from standard tables. Is it possible to have audit trail for Z transactions? if yes what need to be done? and who will do that is it functional consultant or Basis guy and any involvement of ABAP while developing the code for Z transaction?

Please do reply. This requirement is for one of the GE project.

Thanks & Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

Audit trails are extremely useful if you want track what exactly a user is doing

which includes almost everything.

Transactions sm19 and sm20 are used for configuration and analysis of security

audit logs. These are de-activated by default as they use up a very considerable

amount of disk space. Please use this when you are planning to monitor

extensively and do not forget to deactivate this when done. Below link should help

more:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/68/c9d8375bc4e312e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Hope it helps.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

THansk for the answer.

I was more thinking for audit trail and not audit log

Transactions AUT01 - AUT10

its not the same if I am correct ore?

Regards

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

I might have misunderstood. This should help for AUT01 to AUT10

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/8c/fc243a98baac19e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I been looking at that.

But it doesnt say much regarding performance and disk usage. Only say its high, but no numbers and figures that can be expected. Is using Change Documents and audit trail heavey on the machine? and are there any standard transactions that will be logged as soon as I turn on Audit trail?

/Vincent Tse

Message was edited by:

Vincent Tse