cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese Characters on Network Printers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently using 2 network printers. One is <b>HPLJ 3015</b> and the other is <b>Fuji Xerox DC450 PCL-6. </b>

I am able to print the English characters properly but when I try printing the Chinese characters, it either gives me "Junk" or "doesn't print anything". I changed the Spool access method to "Front end" and the chinese characters printed perfectly.

I tried using all the Chinese compatible device types provided but none of them seem to work for these Network printers.

Can anyone please let me know if there are other device types I need to download/install and from where I can do that? I have tried the HP and FUJI Xerox sites and was not able to find any "Chinese" specific drivers. Any help regarding this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor

Chinese chars printing fine when you change access method to frontend because, windows driver may be substituting some fonts with true type fonts.

Check chinese fonts installed on the printers by printing font list from printer's controlpanel menu, if a chinese font is not there in the list, PCL font DIMM or soft font needed to print from SAP via network. Use device types CNHPLJ4 for simplified chinese and TWHPLJ4 for traditional chinese.

Regards

Sridhar