cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: Method undefined for type 'view'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to deploy my application, an error occurred saying that R3view.java file missing. Then I created R3View.java file in gen_wdp -> com -> example folder. (where all the java files exist). It worked fine and got deployed.

Now when I try to create an Action (clickHelp) in R3View, an error occurred saying that the method (clickHelp) undefined for the type R3View and onActionclickHelp eventhandler does not exist for R3View.

After giving Repair Project, my R3View.java file was not there. "Delegate cannot be resolved" errors are occuring. What could be the problem??

Thanks and Regards,

Dhana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhana,

Looks like there were some problems with your IDE.

You should not create/paste the files manually under gen_wdp folder.This folder will get regenerated when you rebuild/repair the project.

I recommend to create a new project and check.(re start the IDE)/

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a hand-written class? If yes, you must create it in folder src/packages/<your-package>, not under gen_wdp.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

That is an automatically generated class. When try to run the application, its showing an error that R3View.java is missing. So I created the same new file and executed it, which was working fine.

Now when I added new action to a button, automatic event handler for that action is not getting generated. I again deleted the project, and imported the backup of my project, but still its showing the same kind of error.

What could be the problem?

Thanks & Regards,

Dhana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhana,

Try to manually copy the src folder contents into the src of the new project and not import the backup.Rebuild for any error then and if it works fine then add the button in the view.

Regards,

Bhavana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Event Handler is not getting generated automatically. I am manually writing the code for Event Handler for the event i am creating. Kindly Help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Dhana