cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kernel update problem from 7.00 pl 57 to 75

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We've installed ECC 6.0 unicode system on i5/os V5R4. Our kernel patch level is 7.00 57. Now we want to apply pl 75. We've downloaded SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR from SAP Service Marketplace. And we've copied this files to a directory named "kern75" at root of our SAP server. And also we create a file named PART under the directory "kern75" and the content of the file PART is:

SAPEXE.SAR,

SAPEXEDB.SAR,

after this we logon to server with KNPADM and we tried the execute this command:

LODSAPKRN DEV(STMF) MNTPNT ('/kern75') KRNLIB(SAPKNPUC) USERDEF(YES) LIST('/kern75/PART')

But this command ended with error. We could not know which is wrong with this command?

On the other hand, we could not sure kernel library name is true or not...

We are waiting for your suggestion.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a NW04S SR1 systems installed with usage type (AS-Java, BI, EP,DI).

My present kernel stack is 57, which is a unicode kernel.

I downloaded the latest Application server JAVA- kernel 64 bit unicode stack from Service market place.

Now I am trying to load the kernel stack into my system using the note "Note 912575 - iSeries: Using LODSAPKRN to load a 7.00 kernel"

The note mentions about creating a file in "</dir>/<parts>". After downloading the files SAPEXE.SAR & SAPEXEDB.SAR to my IFS in a folder named "kern", I created a text file named "parts" using notepad having the content:

SAPEXE.SAR,

SAPEXEDB.SAR,

After this I created a library named "EPD70UCKRN".

Now when I run the command LODSAPKRN I get the following error message in the joblog:

LODSAPKRN DEV(STMF) MNTPNT('/kern') KRNLIB(EPD70UCKRN) USERDEF(YES) LIST('/kern/parts')

ImportKitPartDef: Cannot open definition file /kern/parts

RestoreKitFromSAR: PANIC: Could not correctly initialize.

LodSapKit: Failed to restore kernel parts from archives below /kern

Failed to load first part of SAP kernel.

Errors occurred in command.

The first Error which says "Cannot open definition file /kern/parts" makes me wonder if you have to create the file some other way, maybe some OS400 style. I have checked the permissions on the file, I tried chaniging the owner to <SID>ADM and giving it all the permissions using chmod 777.

Or it totally something else?

any ideas??

Thanks all.

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed ECC6 with Kernel 7.00 Unicode on V5R4 machine for my customer in July. After installation finished, I downloaded various patches from SAP Serivce Portal and applied them with APYR3FIX and finished it with APYSAP. I just applied more recent patches last month with this same method. Never have to use your method.

Satid S.

IBM Thailand

0 Kudos

Hi Sercan,

The command you specified looks completely ok according to note 912575. APYR3FIX is for patches, but SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR contain a complete stack kernel. This has to be loaded with LODSAPKRN.

I wonder if you have a more detailed error description available from the joblog. Also you should check if there are fixes available for LODSAPKRN itself (to be applied by APYR3FIX then).

HTH,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Now I'm trying to pacth LODSAPKRN via APYR3FIX. I've downloaded LODSAPKRN.SAR from SAP service markeptlace and located to /kern75 path at iseries. We could not run APYR3FIX command succesfully with the parameters below:

APYR3FIX SID(KNP)

SAVF(QGPL/LODSAPKRN)

SAVLIB(GEN700UOPT)

KRNLIB(*CURRENT)

GETSAVF(*YES)

FROMHOST(*LOCAL)

FROMDIR('/kern75')

FROMFILE(LODSAPKRN.SAR)

Could you help me about using APYR3FIX command? What is wrong with this command and parameters? I've given the SAVLIB parameter as GEN700UOPT but I'm not sure. And also I'm not sure about SAVF parameter.

I have only LODSAPKRN.SAR file and no other save file. Should I have any other file to patch LODSAPKRN?

Best Regards...

0 Kudos

Hi,

From a first glance your command looks ok. Could you give details about the error - joblog or messages?

I will try on my own, meanwhile...

worked fine with only the SID and the path modified according to my own settings.

Regards,

Thomas

Message was edited by:

Thomas Obermeier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I sent two different message below

FIRST LOG:

Display All Messages

Sistem: KNCPRD

Job . . : QPADEV0002 User . . : KNPADM Number . . . : 009577

3>> APYR3FIX SID(KNP) SAVF(QGPL/TEST) SAVLIB(GEN700UOPT) KRNLIB(*CURRENT) FROM

DIR('/kern75')

QTEMP kitapl&#305;&#287;&#305;nda yer alan *USRSPC tipindeki GETOBJINF nesnesinin iyesi

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

QTEMP kitapl&#305;&#287;&#305;nda yer alan *USRSPC tipindeki GETOBJINF nesnesinin iyesi

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

Library PCHKNP deleted.

QSYS kitapl&#305;&#287;&#305;nda yer alan *LIB tipindeki PCHKNP nesnesinin iyesi

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

Library PCHKNP created.

Retrieving patch save file...

Save file TEST in library QGPL cleared.

File APYR3FIX created in library QTEMP.

Member CMD added to file APYR3FIX in QTEMP.

Member LOG added to file APYR3FIX in QTEMP.

Link added.

Link added.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

Link added.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

Error: /usr/sap/KNP/SYS/exe/run/SAPCAR -xvf /kern75/TEST.SAR -R

/QSYS.LIB/QGPL.LIB -flat TEST.FILE failed.

Failed to apply R/3 fix.

SECOND LOG:

Display All Messages

Job . . : QPADEV0002 User . . : KNPADM Number . . . : 009577

3>> APYR3FIX SID(KNP) SAVF(QGPL/LODSAPKRN) SAVLIB(GEN700UOPT) KRNLIB(*CURRENT)

FROMDIR('/kern75')

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

Library PCHKNP deleted.

QSYS kitapl&#305;&#287;&#305;nda yer alan *LIB tipindeki PCHKNP nesnesinin iyesi

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

Library PCHKNP created.

Retrieving patch save file...

Save file LODSAPKRN in library QGPL cleared.

QTEMP kitapl&#305;&#287;&#305;nda yer alan *FILE tipindeki APYR3FIX nesnesi silindi.

File APYR3FIX created in library QTEMP.

Member CMD added to file APYR3FIX in QTEMP.

Member LOG added to file APYR3FIX in QTEMP.

Link added.

Link added.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

Link added.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

Member CMD file APYR3FIX in QTEMP cleared.

Unpacking patch save file...

Not authorized to command RSTOBJ in library *LIBL.

Error found on RSTOBJ command.

APYR3FIX: cannot unpack patch save file QGPL/LODSAPKRN - see joblog

0 Kudos

Hi,

Not authorized to command RSTOBJ in library *LIBL

is what you suffer from. Change RSTOBJ *CMD with EDTOBJAUT (i.e. WRKOBJ, option 2) and give *USE to R3OWNER.

HTH,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for your suggestion about authorization.

We can run APYR3FIX succesfully, after giving necessary authorization for object RSTOBJ.

But now, we have a new problem...

We think that we should run APYSAP after running AYPR3FIX. So we run the command below:

APYSAP TYPE(KERNEL) SID(KNP) DSTLIB(SAPKNPUC) MODE(INCR)

But we get an error with this command.

We gave the current kernel library as DSTLIB parameter. Is this correct?

And also we run both APYR3FIX and APSAP command as user KNPADM not KNPOFR, Does this cause any problem?

Best Regards...

Summary of log is:

Display All Messages

Job . . : QPADEV0002 User . . : KNPADM Number . . . : 009613

3>> APYSAP TYPE(KERNEL) SID(KNP) DSTLIB(SAPKNPUC) MODE(INCR)

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

-

-

APYSAP startet at Wed Dec 13 13:35:08 2006

*INCR Mode

Ignoring IFS part cleanipc - no update needed.

Ignoring IFS part ar_AA.ISO8859-6 - no update needed.

Ignoring IFS part ar_AA.ISO8859-6__64 - no update needed.

Ignoring IFS part cs_CZ.ISO8859-2 - no update needed.

Ignoring IFS part cs_CZ.ISO8859-2__64 - no update needed.

Ignoring IFS part da_DK.ISO8859-1 - no update needed.

Ignoring IFS part R3load - no update needed.

Ignoring IFS part R3szchk - no update needed.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

IFS part updated: /usr/sap/KNP/sys/exe/run/IGSEXE.SAR.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

Directory created.

Object changed.

Object changed.

Object changed.

Object changed.

Object changed.

Link added.

Object changed.

Object changed.

Link added.

Object changed.

Object changed.

Link added.

Link added.

Object changed.

Object changed.

R3KNP400 kitapl&#305;&#287;&#305;nda yer alan *PGM tipindeki R3INLPGM nesnesi silindi.

R3KNP400 kitapl&#305;&#287;&#305;nda yer alan *PGM tipindeki R3INLPGM nesnesinin iyesi

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

Object R3INLPGM in R3KNP400 type *PGM created.

1 objects duplicated.

R3KNP400 kitapl&#305;&#287;&#305;nda yer alan *PGM tipindeki R3INLPGM nesnesinin iyesi

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

R3SYS kitapl&#305;&#287;&#305;nda yer alan *PGM tipindeki SAPINITX nesnesinin iyesi

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

Object SAPINITX in R3SYS type *PGM created.

1 objects duplicated.

R3SYS kitapl&#305;&#287;&#305;nda yer alan *PGM tipindeki SAPINITX nesnesi silindi.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

collectSystemInfo: could not open profile directory

Ü/usr/sap/KNP/put/KNP/SYS/profileÜ.

Current library changed to R3KNPDATA.

User class and special authorities do not match system supplied values.

User profile KNPOFR changed.

User profile KNPOPR changed.

User profile KNPADM changed.

de&#287;i&#351;tirildi.

collectSystemInfo: could not open profile directory

Ü/usr/sap/KNP/put/KNP/SYS/profileÜ.

JDBC exit programs for system KNP registered successfully.

APYSAP: 2 parts failed, 1 parts succeeded.

APYSAP finished with errors at Wed Dec 13 13:38:18 2006._

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

I want to give an additional info about some issue mentioned at log file sent by me a few minutes ago.

There is no directory like /usr/sap/KNP/put/KNP/SYS/profile. Under the directory /usr/sap/KNP/put/ is empty.

And also i could not understand what is the relation between this path and importing kernel patch. This path looks like an upgrade directory!

Best Regards...

0 Kudos

Hi Sercan,

Don't bother about the missing put directory. The tools are prepared for this. Note 913001 states (via pointing to note 751132) that if you are in doubt about or running into problems with parameter MODE(INCR) you should use MODE(FULL) - give it a try

HTH,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

We could fix LODSAPKRN after fixing APYSAP!. But when we run LODSAPKRN again we get an error like this:

Pointer not set for location referenced.

Application error. MCH3601 unmonitored by LODSAPKRN at statement 0000000090 instruction X'000'

Errors occured in command.

Best Regards...

0 Kudos

Hi Sercan,

If your environment is setup correctly this seems to become a real support issue which then should be treated via customer message.

However, supposing the details are as described in your original posting you should supply information from the joblog. Go to the message you referenced and press F1 and F9 in order to tell where the message comes from (program and module).

Can you tell what LODSAPKRN already did before it ran into the error?

Thanks,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After adding a blank line at the end of SAPEXE.SAR, SAPEXEDB.SAR in PART file, we could run LODSAPKRN succesfully.

I want to inform you about this solution.

Thank you for your help again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should not use lodsapkrn because you not have *stmf.

Try APYR3FIX and APYSAP.

If it does not work, you can use sapcar '-xvf /kern75/*.SAR', this will create savefiles in a library which you can than restore (rstlib....)

After this you might need FIXR3OWNS and APYSAP.

Regards

Guido