cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart display - pen limitations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to plot the percentage of occurences of certain Reasons in a chart. To explain I have a set of values as listed below in two columns:

Reason1 10%

Reason2 20%

Reason3 40%

Reason4 30%

So when I use a Pie chart I get the graphical representation, where each reason is shown in a different color(pen color) inside the circle.

My question is suppose the no. of Reasons exceed 32 (the maximum possible pens in xMII), how can I show them in a graph? Appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Srinivasan,

As a suggestion for a work around, display a Pareto chart with the Top 9 reasons and then for the tenth show 'Other' and have that as the sum of the rest of your 23+ reasons. If the user then needs further detail capture a selection event on the chart and popup and additional chart that displays a breakdown of the values for other, or simply display them in a grid below. Hope this helps.

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide some code snippets for pareto chart display .

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

srinivasan,

There is no way to display more that 32 pens using xMII in a chart. Once you get above this limit it is very difficult to see a difference between the pens on a chart and that is why it is limited to 32.

Regards,

Erik