cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment on Remote Engine goes back to Localhost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I would like to deploy an *.ear file from NWDS to a remote engine. I configured the remote system under Window->Preferences. In the View "J2EE engine" the remote system is visible with the right system name. However, the first Monitor is set to the system name of my local PC and the second Monitor is set to "localhost". The Instance of the remote engine has the right system name and number as installed at the remote engine. However, as host "localhost" is given, which is definitively not correct. When I deploy a project, the following error comes:

[001]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : localhost

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/D046323/LOCALS1/Temp/temp63309DSS_GUI.ear

Deployment exception : Server localhost did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server localhost at port 50018: Connection refused: connect

Inner exception was :

Server localhost did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server localhost at port 50018: Connection refused: connect

Why does the NWDS suppose, that the remote engine is situated at my localhost???

I restarted the remote WebAS and the NWDS several times, but nothing works. I also deleted all entries in my host-file, but nothing changed.

Has anybody an idea, how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Anja

PS: The deployment with the help of the SDM remoteGUI works well, but it is very time-consuming and disturbs other colleagues, who have to work with the remote desktop of the machine.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect that sometimes when the application starts, it does a (dns?) lookup of the hostname and if it doesn't resolve, then it uses 'localhost' as the instance's host instead.

So to solve this, I typically restart the entire cluster and it usually shows the correct host name again. (instead of showing 'localhost'.)

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja

Local host is used when you have NWDS on the same machine where engine is installed.IF your engine and NWDS are on diff machine then localhost wont work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we could not really solve this problem. So we re-installed the WebAS and then it worked fine again. We did not find the problem source, so we have to hope, that it does not occur again.

I know what local host means and we configured the remote host correctly. I`m quite sure about that - it worked for several months. However, suddenly the deployment was somehow forwarded wrongly somewhere internal in the Web AS to a host called localhost. I don`t know why!

If somebody with the same problem could fix it without re-installation, please be so kind to give your solution here!

Thank you, Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error occurs because the nwds is trying to deploy the ear to localhost and I suppose there isn't running a WAS locally.

So you configured under Windows -> Preferences -> SAP J2EE Engine your remote host? You have entered the IP and port?

If the J2EE view is showing the localhost, something is wrong with your configuration, I think.

Please doublecheck this.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly, what I can't understand! I would wish to put a screenshot in here.

Under Window->Preferences, I checked the radio button "J2EE engine is installed on remote host." and entered drsd00168195a as Message Server Host and 3601 as Message Server Port. The J2EE engine view shows the following:

- Remote engine

-

drsd00168195a:3601 (this is correct)

-

Monitor DRSN00159267A (this is my loacl machine --> not correct!)

-

Monitor localhost (???)

-

P03 instance 00 (correct) on localhost (not correct)

-

dispatcher

-

SDM

-

server0

Perhaps this helps in solving the problem.

Thank you very much for your help!

PS: In the past, it worked well, but suddenly - a few weeks ago - the systems failed to deploy - without having changed anything.

null

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

did you solve the problem in the meantime? Since today we have the same problem.

Best regards

Helmut