cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate CAB or EXE installation file for MI Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody:

It is my first time to install MI. MI version is nw2004s.

I think I have installed ABAP&J2EE parts for MI Server and done post installation.

Now, I have a question how to install MI Client for a mobile device or for win32 emulate.

I read some documents. My idea is to generate installation files for PDA or for win32. But I still wonder how to gnerate cab or exe files for MI Client installation. Please give me some steps how to generate. If my idea is not correct, pls show me the right ways

I will reward reply for your kindness

Best Regards

Elliot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elliot,

You do not have to generate the MI Client install files. They have already been done for you.

You can go to <a href="http://service.sap.com/swdc">http://service.sap.com/swdc</a> to get MI Client install files. The latest version you will find is SP10.

The file format will be .SDA, you can extract this will a zip archiving tool like winzip/winrar.

You will find JSP and AWT versions of the client and each of these will have a PDA install as .CAB or .exe file for Win32. You can install the version you need.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elliot

Once you have done with the installation, you can enter the connection to the MI Server by navigating to the Settings Page which is available in the MI home page. Here you need to provide the Client, Host, Port and System ID of the server. Make sure that the user logging in to the client is already present in the server. Additionally instead of navigating to the settings page, you can enter the following parameters in the MobileEngine.config file present in the settings folder of MI installation dir.

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.System=

MobileEngine.Sync.Client=

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.Port=

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.Host=

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sivakumar

Thanks. I found the way to set parameters.

Best Regards

Elliot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for your help. I found the MI client. I just extract from sda package and install in win32. Is it ok? where can I set connection parameters in MI client

Best regards

Elliot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elliot,

As suggested by Karthik V Setty, you can download required files from SAP Service Marketplace.

But taking into account that you already installed MI server, you may check whether you have "SAP Netweaver Components" disk in your SAP CD set. It contains all required .exe and .cab files (as well as source files) of SAP MI client for Win32 and Windows Mobile platforms.

Best regards,

Laziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elliot,

You can download the CAB file from BSP link.

Once you have downloaded CAB file inyour laptop,if you want to install it in a PDA....we need acive sync to connect PDA to laptop.

Once that is done (when we connect to LAPTOP from PDA) we get an active sync explorer,there we need to paste the CAB file and from there onwards we can see the CAB file in our PDA.

ACTIVE SYNC is used to connect PDA to laptop/win32.

Cheers,

Karthick